Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Mountain Top 10 - 1/17
I think that Perry proved last night that they should be number one in the mountains. But since the polls dont come out to Monday we will have to wait and see. Still alot of games between now and then!!!
^If they are afraid of physical play then they should simply stop the program.

Can we please move on from this?
It's silly
1. Perry Central
2. Clay Co.
3.Pikeville
4. Wayne Co.
That is your Region wins in March
Correct me if Im mistaken but hasent LCC beat #9 cordia, #6 East Ridge, and #4 Knott County?? They also Lead Hazard almost the whole game but ended up losing by a few points at the end. I know their record isnt the greatest but look at teh quality teams they have played an look at the teams they have beat that is ranked. JMO
wrestler_119 Wrote:Correct me if Im mistaken but hasent LCC beat #9 cordia, #6 East Ridge, and #4 Knott County?? They also Lead Hazard almost the whole game but ended up losing by a few points at the end. I know their record isnt the greatest but look at teh quality teams they have played an look at the teams they have beat that is ranked. JMO

Actually Corbin is the #9 team. I do agree though. If they are going to rank Knott Central and East Ridge so high. LCC now definitely deserves consideration for the Top Ten.
MVP2 Wrote:Knott Central Best Wins- Bullitt East (Best team in the 6th region), Betsy Layne twice (best team in the 15th IMO), and a win @ Hazard.

Pikeville Best Wins- Knott Central, Johnson Central, and Sheldon Clark.

I can see your argument for ranking Knott higher than Pikeville based on a higher quality of wins. I personally think Pikeville is better, but I have no objection to anyone ranking Knott higher.

But that doesn't mean that Pikeville shouldn't be ranked at all. In addition to the wins you mentioned, they also won @ Belfry by 6, a place where top-ranked Perry Central only won by 10. IMO, if you're going to stick Knott in at #5, then Pikeville has to be in there somewhere.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sorry I miss read it an thought it said Cordia. Still I think the cougars have beaten enough ranked team to become ranked. They play Perry tomorrow. If the Cougars can pull the upset then I look for them to be ranked top 5 at least by the time the new ones come out.
i think lcc should be at # 10
Regardless of the rankings which mean nothing as of now but BL and Pikeville are the only teams that should be on the list from the 15th. BL somewhere around 6 or7 and Pikeville no higher than 9th. I'll also say that PCC should be ranked # 1 after their win over Clay Co. and Hazard's loss to Pike CO Central even if they did have a couple of players out because it was still a loss on their home floor.