Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank the 15th Region Tournament Teams
FOX SPORTS Wrote:If that's your opinion.
My point is that if two teams have split their games then it is not that far fetched for one to be ranked over another...It's all about opinion and is subjective...there is no objective measure.

I am sorry but that really doesn't make any sense. North Carolina split their season series with NC State so does that leave the argument open for the Wolfpack to be ranked above the Tar Heels? I don't hardly think so.
Lawrence Wrote:I am sorry but that really doesn't make any sense. North Carolina split their season series with NC State so does that leave the argument open for the Wolfpack to be ranked above the Tar Heels? I don't hardly think so.
What part of rankings are opinion and are subjective don't you understand???
Do I need to define anything?
FOX SPORTS Wrote:What part of rankings are opinion and are subjective don't you understand???
Do I need to define anything?

Yes, there is room for opinions when it comes to rankings but sometimes you just have to use a little common sense.
just curious is Pike Central ranked top 25 in the state?
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:just curious is Pike Central ranked top 25 in the state?
By whom...the only Top 25 ranking statewide, I know of are Cantrell Rankings or Litkenhous...both are notoriously innaccurate.
EVERYONE LORD HAVE MERCY...rankings mean nothing so whats w/ the arguing...MC or PC could get beat at any time a number of things could happen...throw away all the records throw away past seasons and for the sake of basketball stop comparing college to high school its ridicuols...MC is a great team PC is great team and we all know that there is NOT a big gap between the two...they are nearly evenly matched teams...Lawrence you say use common sense i tell you that ur not going to change any ones mind by saying look at the records and by comparing them to an NCAA D-1 program thats not using knowlege that is showing you watch ESPN and can compare and contrast two totaly diffrent levels of basketball...upsets happen every day...if I was MC i would want ppl to b "overlooking" (i use that term losely) me in this tournament...MC fans say give respect where it is due, from what have seen this year ppl give MC more respect than anyone on this site...we all know that Ashley Jade and MC are great but by you saying no chance that they COULD get beat is ridiculos that is not using common sense that is having a Heart for your team...i think MC has an equal shot as PC but so does Valley, Belfry, ER, PBurg, P-ville and BL that is why this tournament is played...if records mattered right now MC would be going to state but as we say 2 years go MC came in as a highly favorite and got blown out of the gym by Pike Central...or even better last season NOT ONE district champion came out of the boys first round...so take these ranking as motivation and not a cheap shot at a team...
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:EVERYONE LORD HAVE MERCY...rankings mean nothing so whats w/ the arguing...MC or PC could get beat at any time a number of things could happen...throw away all the records throw away past seasons and for the sake of basketball stop comparing college to high school its ridicuols...MC is a great team PC is great team and we all know that there is NOT a big gap between the two...they are nearly evenly matched teams...Lawrence you say use common sense i tell you that ur not going to change any ones mind by saying look at the records and by comparing them to an NCAA D-1 program thats not using knowlege that is showing you watch ESPN and can compare and contrast two totaly diffrent levels of basketball...upsets happen every day...if I was MC i would want ppl to b "overlooking" (i use that term losely) me in this tournament...MC fans say give respect where it is due, from what have seen this year ppl give MC more respect than anyone on this site...we all know that Ashley Jade and MC are great but by you saying no chance that they COULD get beat is ridiculos that is not using common sense that is having a Heart for your team...i think MC has an equal shot as PC but so does Valley, Belfry, ER, PBurg, P-ville and BL that is why this tournament is played...if records mattered right now MC would be going to state but as we say 2 years go MC came in as a highly favorite and got blown out of the gym by Pike Central...or even better last season NOT ONE district champion came out of the boys first round...so take these ranking as motivation and not a cheap shot at a team...

First of all, you must have no knowledge of sports whatsoever if you are willing to say that rankings mean NOTHING at all. They have meant everything up until this point in the season. If it wasn't for the rankings, how would we determine the seeds in the district tournaments. Yes, rankings don't mean a thing now because this is March Madness and as we all know anything can happen. But the fact of the matter is that coming into this tournament, Magoffin should be the favorite to win and should be ranked above the other teams. That's all I am trying to say. No one said ANYTHING about Magoffin not being able to get beat. Any team can get beat on a given night. Since when is using a metaphor to compare two things not using common sense. What I said was an accurate statement. Don't try to tell me that it was ridiculous just because I made a comparsion between two things which are related whether you like or not. As for the Magoffin and Pike Central game two years ago, I really can't comprehend how you determine that 8 points is a blowout. I think you need to start reading my posts and understand what I am trying to say. Magoffin County CAN be beat and upsets CAN happen during this time of the year. Everyone already knows that. The ONLY point I am trying to make is that going into this tournament, Magoffin County is the #1 team in the 15th region. Make all the arguments you want, but you can't deny the fact that Magoffin has the better record and is ranked ahead of Pike Central in every legitimate poll there is. Until Pike Central wins this tournament, they should NOT be ranked above the Lady Hornets.
Lawrence Wrote:First of all, you must have no knowledge of sports whatsoever if you are willing to say that rankings mean NOTHING at all. They have meant everything up until this point in the season. If it wasn't for the rankings, how would we determine the seeds in the district tournaments. Yes, rankings don't mean a thing now because this is March Madness and as we all know anything can happen. But the fact of the matter is that coming into this tournament, Magoffin should be the favorite to win and should be ranked above the other teams. That's all I am trying to say. No one said ANYTHING about Magoffin not being able to get beat. Any team can get beat on a given night. Since when is using a metaphor to compare two things not using common sense. What I said was an accurate statement. Don't try to tell me that it was ridiculous just because I made a comparsion between two things which are related whether you like or not. As for the Magoffin and Pike Central game two years ago, I really can't comprehend how you determine that 8 points is a blowout. I think you need to start reading my posts and understand what I am trying to say. Magoffin County CAN be beat and upsets CAN happen during this time of the year. Everyone already knows that. The ONLY point I am trying to make is that going into this tournament, Magoffin County is the #1 team in the 15th region. Make all the arguments you want, but you can't deny the fact that Magoffin has the better record and is ranked ahead of Pike Central in every legitimate poll there is. Until Pike Central wins this tournament, they should NOT be ranked above the Lady Hornets.

well for one im sorry but i meant that rankings meant nothing as of now just as i stated records as of now also...MC was being blown out by PC they had a double digit lead for ummm about 75 percent of the game...and to say i have no knowlege of sports you have no idea what i know about any sport i can hold my own with nearly anyone on 15th region sports for my era...and actually some ppl have beated around the bush by saying that no chance that MC will not win the region...and maybe you need to go back to school b/c by comparing NCAA basketball and high school basketball it is not a metaphore but is an analysis...and to be completly honest there are no legitamate polls in the view of our society...If we go on records the MC is #1 but if you go by watching two teams then you KNOW that they are evenly matched...that is why ranking these teams is ridiculos...EKB can have their rankings, you can have yours and i can have mine the chances are not one of us will agree totaly...
I dont know why people get on here and argue, what ever team u are a fan of is the better team, untill they get defeated and when that happens everyone gets on here and makes excuses what is the use in saying PC is better, or MC is better..
All of you make great points. I think it will be a great tournament and i hope magoffin can go back to state. I see it coming down to them and either PC or SV. Magoffin 3 seniors want one more shot at state and they deserve it, and I would love for them to show the rest of the state that east ky hs basketball matters. Teams in this area never get any love from the so called experts, mainly Lexington Herald, that showed a few weeks ago when they dropped magoffin in the rankings and moved clay co in front of them, and magoffin didnt even lose a damn game. Anyway, back to the point of this thread. I think it will be Magoffin in the final, that is if they play like a team and not like they played against paintsville in the district final when they almost lost it; as for their opponent, I honestly think it will be PC, since thats who most of you on here say is better than Magoffin, which is possible, but I dont see it myself, but i could be wrong. Either way it will be a great game.
Ok,
I must say i enjoy reading your alls post but how bout this..
We all go to the expo and see who is really the best team when there playin in the championship
Lawrence Wrote::thatsfunn I really wish someone could give me a reasonable explanation as to how Pike Central should be rated above Magoffin. Let me stress the word reasonable.

Is 15th region champs reasonable enough for you? I haven't been on here all week posting on girls basketball because I decided that I would let the PCC lady Hawks do the talking for me and boy did they ever. How much did those records mean? Again glad the BCS is not part of basketball. I told you how PCC was the better team when they were healthy and that the records meant NOTHING. I will give you a week to reply since I am going to Bowling Green to watch the LADY HAWKS in Diddle.
Evil Twin Wrote:Is 15th region champs reasonable enough for you? I haven't been on here all week posting on girls basketball because I decided that I would let the PCC lady Hawks do the talking for me and boy did they ever. How much did those records mean? Again glad the BCS is not part of basketball. I told you how PCC was the better team when they were healthy and that the records meant NOTHING. I will give you a week to reply since I am going to Bowling Green to watch the LADY HAWKS in Diddle.

I give full credit to Pike Central for winning the region because they played better basketball than any other team this week. Not one time did I ever say that Magoffin could not be beaten. I don't care who you are, if you shoot 24% you're going to get beat by almost any team. Going into this tournament, Magoffin was the favorite, whether you agree with that or not. But as we know, come tournament time, upsets do occur. As for the arguement of who is better between Magoffin and Pike Central, this proves absolutely nothing. Unless the two played each other again, the argument will continue to exist.
Lawrence Wrote:I give full credit to Pike Central for winning the region because they played better basketball than any other team this week. Not one time did I ever say that Magoffin could not be beaten. I don't care who you are, if you shoot 24% you're going to get beat by almost any team. Going into this tournament, Magoffin was the favorite, whether you agree with that or not. But as we know, come tournament time, upsets do occur. As for the arguement of who is better between Magoffin and Pike Central, this proves absolutely nothing. Unless the two played each other again, the argument will continue to exist.

MC beat PC (without Haley) and PC beat MC with everyone healthy and playing so I had PC as the favorite, you didn't but you called me an idiot and called me out so I am just responding. Healthy PC team was going to win the region and their record to that point meant nothing. PC is the winner and they are the BEST team when they are healthy and that was my point and it was proven. On to Diddle.
Evil Twin Wrote:MC beat PC (without Haley) and PC beat MC with everyone healthy and playing so I had PC as the favorite, you didn't but you called me an idiot and called me out so I am just responding. Healthy PC team was going to win the region and their record to that point meant nothing. PC is the winner and they are the BEST team when they are healthy and that was my point and it was proven. On to Diddle.

Your my new Best friend! my thoughts exactly I cant tell you how many private messages i got asking how i thought PC was the BEST! WELL look at the record when all pcc players were playing and HEALTHY its pretty good,BUT GOOD LUCK at DIDDLE lady HAWKS!!
Evil Twin Wrote:MC beat PC (without Haley) and PC beat MC with everyone healthy and playing so I had PC as the favorite, you didn't but you called me an idiot and called me out so I am just responding. Healthy PC team was going to win the region and their record to that point meant nothing. PC is the winner and they are the BEST team when they are healthy and that was my point and it was proven. On to Diddle.

On the first meeting at PCC 6 of MC's players was sick and when MC beat PCC at MC, AJ was also out.

To know who the best would be wolud to let them both play while both were healthy as for that being said MC has a better win/loss record and had a touger schedule. But im sayin MC is still #1...

1.mc
2.pcc

3.sv
4.belfry
5.paintsville
6.er
7.bl
8.p-burg
You can say MC is #1 all that you want and they had the BEST RECORD in the 15th. That's great. But PC is the best team when healthy and they are healthy and they are going to Diddle. So I will say PC is #1 and the record books will say that PC is the 15th Region Champs. You can still say MC is #1 (that and a ticket will get you into the game on Thursday to watch PC play in the Sweet 16) But hey, MC is still #1...lol
All_Sport#1 Wrote:On the first meeting at PCC 6 of MC's players was sick and when MC beat PCC at MC, AJ was also out.

To know who the best would be wolud to let them both play while both were healthy as for that being said MC has a better win/loss record and had a touger schedule. But im sayin MC is still #1...

1.mc
2.pcc
3.sv
4.belfry
5.paintsville
6.er
7.bl
8.p-burg
NOT meaning to sound mean or anything, But are players always sick when Magoffin loses? I just wanted to know because when they lost there first game to PC girls were suppose to be sick, then when the lost to belfry they were suppose to be sick! If MC has this many sick people they should have a doctor instead of a coach.Also how could Mc still be #1 thats just a little far fetched IMO PC is going to DIDDLE not them, Also Belfry beat them so I would say they would be ranked above MC right NOW too!!
:howdy:
15regiongurlsbball Wrote:NOT meaning to sound mean or anything, But are players always sick when Magoffin loses? I just wanted to know because when they lost there first game to PC girls were suppose to be sick, then when the lost to belfry they were suppose to be sick! If MC has this many sick people they should have a doctor instead of a coach.Also how could Mc still be #1 thats just a little far fetched IMO PC is going to DIDDLE not them, Also Belfry beat them so I would say they would be ranked above MC right NOW too!!
:howdy:

Well MC dosent lose very much, but 2 games out of the 4 loses they was sick. And the reason I still say MC is still #1 is because MC has only lost to PCC and Belfry. PCC has lost to Shelby Valley who MC beat by 15 points they also lost to JC which MC beat all THREE times, they also lost to MC and Belfry once and thats just loses to regional teams.

Regions win/loss record
MC 17-2
PCC 11-4

Now do I need anymore reasons for MC not to be #1?
and how are you not trying to sound mean when you have Capitalizied letters and a smiley waving me bye?

So theirs the answer for your and evil twins posts!!!Cool
All_Sport#1 Wrote:Well MC dosent lose very much, but 2 games out of the 4 loses they was sick. And the reason I still say MC is still #1 is because MC has only lost to PCC and Belfry. PCC has lost to Shelby Valley who MC beat by 15 points they also lost to JC which MC beat all THREE times, they also lost to MC and Belfry once and thats just loses to regional teams.

Regions win/loss record
MC 17-2
PCC 11-4

Now do I need anymore reasons for MC not to be #1?
and how are you not trying to sound mean when you have Capitalizied letters and a smiley waving me bye?

So theirs the answer for your and evil twins posts!!!Cool

Region win / loss record with Haley
PCC 8-1 (beating a healthy MC team) (now it turns out they were sick)

Last year when PCC was beat in the finals, NO ONE said that we were sick or we were hurt, we just took our loss with honor and said congrats. Well, I guess that is just another difference in the 2 schools.

When HEALTHY PCC is the best team. They are going to Diddle because they are the best team. You can argue but your #1 team is now no longer #1. Weren't you the one that said that MC was the defending 15th region champs and until you beat them they are still #1 . Well right back at you. PCC is the most recent 15th region champs and until you beat them they will continue to be that way.
I will not post again on this thread seeing as how my #1 team is STILL playing and I must go to Bowling Green.
Evil Twin Wrote:Region win / loss record with Haley

Last year when PCC was beat in the finals, NO ONE said that we were sick or we were hurt, we just took our loss with honor and said congrats. Well, I guess that is just another difference in the 2 schools.

When HEALTHY PCC is the best team. They are going to Diddle because they are the best team. You can argue but your #1 team is now no longer #1. Weren't you the one that said that MC was the defending 15th region champs and until you beat them they are still #1 . Well right back at you. PCC is the most recent 15th region champs and until you beat them they will continue to be that way.
I will not post again on this thread seeing as how my #1 team is STILL playing and I must go to Bowling Green.

Not to mention the fact that even in that one game that they did lose with Haley, which was against SV, they only had Haley in the game for maybe 7 or 8 minutes. Plus Kayla Lowe was sitting on the bench the majority of the game also in foul trouble. So there we can make excuses for PC's loss also!!
Evil Twin Wrote:Region win / loss record with Haley

No tell you the truth really dont recall saying that but im not saying I didnt. And once again IMO you need to take the 2 teams both when their ALL healthy and let them play each other. And Im glad you not going to post again im tired of reading the SAME thing over and over!!!
All_Sport#1 Wrote:No tell you the truth really dont recall saying that but im not saying I didnt. And once again IMO you need to take the 2 teams both when their ALL healthy and let them play each other. And Im glad you not going to post again im tired of reading the SAME thing over and over!!!

Well everyone thought Mc was healthy when they lost to PC, But now there suppose to be sick. PC is the best when healthy and are 15thregion champs what more proof do you want(to prove to you there #1? well it's all opinions!!
all i heard from MC fans was that they were #1 until proven not to be...they got beat by Belfry did not make the finals...PC won the region so they are #1...MC sick or not sick they could have still made the finals IMO...thats when the other girls on their team must step up and they didn't...all i heard when stating that PCs bench was the best in the region was that MCs bench could potentialy out play PCs...well MCs bench nor role players showed up and thats the facts...its over PC moves on no one else does and thats just how it goes...I more than anyone would have loved to play MC in the finals i even talked to an MC fan today a huge supporter who works with my father who said it was an evenly matched game if the two had played...but he stated that MC came out not ready to play and not healthy and paniced once they were down...MC was a great team and no one can argue that but so is PC...
This thread has become silly.
The tournament and 15th Region season is over...some folks are going to rank THEIR team 1st regardless.
Any new thoughts????
If we are going by the tournament and then win/loss records (including head-to-head):

1. PC
2. Belfry
3. MC
4. SV
5. P-Ville
6. BL
7. P-Burg
8. ER
well it looks to me like it was :
1. PCC
2. Belfry
3. MC
15regiongurlsbball Wrote:Well everyone thought Mc was healthy when they lost to PC, But now there suppose to be sick. PC is the best when healthy and are 15thregion champs what more proof do you want(to prove to you there #1? well it's all opinions!!

Ok so you dont remember one of the girls running to the locker room to go to the bathroom cause they were SICK I doubt you do, you dont remember Ash going to the sidelines on a time out to puke??? of course you dont...And going by the win/loss record as I have said a 100+ times that shown MC was #1 in the region!