Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some of the Top Qb in your area
Kentucky#1 Wrote:Nobody's saying he isn't the best in the state. I'm just saying if he's good enough , he will get D1 offers and it won't be because he isn't interested. Take it easy.

I'm really struggling with both reactions here. He HAS a D- offer.
RED&BLACK Wrote:The kid you are talking about is Stetson Simpson. Linsey moved to Wayne as a freshman. Simpson started his freshman year in front of Linsey. Linsey won the job their sophomore year.

I have huge respect for Simpson. While I'm sure he was upset he took it like a man and never showed any signs. Simpson moved to receiver. Linsey was hurt in the opening game. Simpson started the second game and threw 4 TD's and was the Cumberland Valley Bowl offensive MVP. The next week Linsey started and back to back Region championships followed.
But Simpson was rewarded for his selflessness. He is Wayne County's leading receiver with 12 TD's and 748 yards. Simpson will have several offers to continue his career.

Coach Thompson made the right choice for both players and it was not easy. Simpson is a special receiver and Linsey is a special QB. I think it is a neat unknown story ( outside Wayne County) that shows Coach Thompson's ability to lead and indication to how this whole team is dedicated to being a special TEAM.

I've had respect for Shawn since meeting him a few minutes several years ago. The Simpson kid was one of the better middle school QB's I have saw or helped coach against. Good on him for adjusting to such a move. Casey's leading receiver is also their QB, who faced and was beaten badly by Simpson years ago in 8th grade playoffs. Wayne's O and D line were also very talented. The small running back they had, Spanish kid I think was also extremely quick and very strong for his height. That was a VERY good middle school football team that has continued to have success at the next level. Hopefully both those kids go on and play somewhere else.
Iam4thecats Wrote:I'm really struggling with both reactions here. He HAS a D- offer.

Yeah and verbally committed to a really really good school
RED&BLACK Wrote:Actually Linsey's numbers will match up. These are not exact numbers. He has over 2100 yards passing and over 400 rushing. He has 24 TD's vs. 7 int. He is the real deal. Super hard working and a great kid and student.
No disrespect intended. Those teams are not as balanced as Wayne has been in the past. I bet he doesn't have the attempts that some of those others do. Agree he is an incredible athlete and has always showed himself with the utmost class.
Woodsman Wrote:Can't comment on that. Could possibly be that AJ has already verbally committed to Miami. Maybe AJ is not interested. I know UK has looked at Mayer. Maybe he will end up going there? Regardless....AJ Mayer is the hands down best QB in the state this year and it's not really debatable.

because you said so? it is very debatable.
Kentucky#1 Wrote:The reason he hasn't received any other D1 offers isn't because he's not "interested". If he's as good as advertised, D1 schools are going to offer him. That's a fact and "not really debatable".

:truestory:
Kentucky#1 Wrote:Nobody's saying he isn't the best in the state. I'm just saying if he's good enough , he will get D1 offers and it won't be because he isn't interested. Take it easy.

I'm saying he isn't :biggrin:
pjdoug Wrote:I'm saying he isn't :biggrin:

That would make you factually incorrect, but be my guest.
oldschool77 Wrote:No disrespect intended. Those teams are not as balanced as Wayne has been in the past. I bet he doesn't have the attempts that some of those others do. Agree he is an incredible athlete and has always showed himself with the utmost class.

Through 9 games
Allen - Lex. Cath
146/236 1895yds. 20TD 7int
Latner - Boyle
116/171 1554yds 19TD 3int
Linsey - Wayne
114/195 1981Yds 22TD 5int

Looks like they match up to me.
Woodsman Wrote:That would make you factually incorrect, but be my guest.

Your opinion is not the definition of fact, and that's a fact, Jack .
pjdoug Wrote:Your opinion is not the definition of fact, and that's a fact, Jack .

You either don't understand the game of football or you haven't seen Covington Catholic play....Jill.
Woodsman Wrote:You either don't understand the game of football or you haven't seen Covington Catholic play....Jill.

I understand it just fine. Covington Catholic has a good "team". The quarterback doesn't throw the ball to himself. several other quarterbacks would be comparable on that team .
Buchanan of Bowling Green 16-19-0, 309 yards, 5 TD's. In his last 2 games at the Home 647 yards, 10 TD's vs. South Warren & Owensboro
pjdoug Wrote:I understand it just fine. Covington Catholic has a good "team". The quarterback doesn't throw the ball to himself. several other quarterbacks would be comparable on that team .

You are not being objective. Id like to see the "several" other qb's this year that can throw the ball 60 yards down field on a dime and systematically dissect a defense. You are incorrect that Covington Catholic has a "good" team this year. Covington Catholic has a PHENOMENAL team this year. It's likely the most talented team in school history and beyond. If AJ Mayer were not on the roster....they would be merely "good" as you say.