Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 players in the 14th
(10-07-2022, 02:49 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: Let’s go Bobcats!!!!!  Self proclaimed preseason 14th Region Champs the past 20 years.

Is the All State teams voted on by coaches now instead of the Sports Writers?
Nobody said anything about region champs so maybe you're confused or stumbled into the wrong thread. Pretty sure all state teams are voted on by coaches.
No I’m not confused. I read pretty well last time I checked. Y’all blowing Breathitt up just like last year. They are capable of winning heck yeah but can lose to pretty much anyone in the region.

Well Austin Sperry is a really talented kid but to say he was better than Landon Napier at Perry last year was just silly. Collins better than Mackenzie?????? Really??? All I’m saying is coaches have the good ole buddy system going these days. Years ago it was voted on by the sports writers. Not sure how long that’s been, I don’t know.
College scouts are on Sperry because of pure potential, I think he has more college potential then any others in the 14th, but by his senior year if he don’t improve a lot, look for the offers to fall off the table. These schools like morehead and radford are just establishing a relationship early in case he does blossom into a D1 kid, then they can say they had offered before any one else.
(10-07-2022, 03:11 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: No I’m not confused.  I read pretty well last time I checked.  Y’all blowing Breathitt up just like last year.  They are capable of winning heck yeah but can lose to pretty much anyone in the region. 

Well Austin Sperry is a really talented kid but to say he was better than Landon Napier at Perry last year was just silly.  Collins better than Mackenzie??????  Really???  All I’m saying is coaches have the good ole buddy system going these days.  Years ago it was voted on by the sports writers.  Not sure how long that’s been, I don’t know.
That dag gone John Noble exerted his vast influence across the state to get Sperry and Collins named to all state! We should have known!
SlimOne, that happens a lot Pal. May had something to do with what Dog is saying.

Reallly, who on here thinks Sperry was a better guard than Napier and who thinks Collins was better than Mackenzie? Everyone has their own opinion and I think Landon and Lanse were better and more deserving of All State. Breathitt did have a real good showing at the All A though. Austin and Christian are really good players I will give them credit. Super athetic.

(10-07-2022, 07:07 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: SlimOne, that happens a lot Pal.  May had something to do with what Dog is saying.

Reallly, who on here thinks Sperry was a better guard than Napier and who thinks Collins was better than Mackenzie?  Everyone has their own opinion and I think Landon and Lanse were better and more deserving of All State.  Breathitt did have a real good showing at the All A though.  Austin and Christian are really good players I will give them credit.  Super athletic for 14th region kids.

(10-07-2022, 07:07 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: SlimOne, that happens a lot Pal.  May had something to do with what Dog is saying.

Reallly, who on here thinks Sperry was a better guard than Napier and who thinks Collins was better than Mackenzie?  Everyone has their own opinion and I think Landon and Lanse were better and more deserving of All State.  Breathitt did have a real good showing at the All A though.  Austin and Christian are really good players I will give them credit.  Super athetic.

Reallly, who on here thinks Sperry was a better guard than Napier and who thinks Collins was better than Mackenzie?  Everyone has their own opinion and I think Landon and Lanse were better and more deserving of All State.  Breathitt did have a real good showing at the All A though.  Austin and Christian are really good players I will give them credit.  Super athletic for 14th region kids.

Reallly, who on here thinks Sperry was a better guard than Napier and who thinks Collins was better than Mackenzie?  Everyone has their own opinion and I think Landon and Lanse were better and more deserving of All State.  Breathitt did have a real good showing at the All A though.  Austin and Christian are really good players I will give them credit.  Super athetic.

Not only where those 2 better but I also think Brooks and Robinson and Welch was better..Sperry is a very good player in AAU setting but he’s not system guy which will hurt him in high school and will also hurt him if he don’t pick the right coach to play for at the next..he don’t need to be pick the biggest college to go so they can say he went to Duke or UK or where ever he needs to pick a system that let the players play AAU style ball..to be honest Collins won’t play anywhere past high school..he may get some offers but I don’t think he has that want to or the work ethic to play at the next level..but like Duke Boy said everyone has their own opinions..
I don’t know what happened when I made my last post. Would a mod please clean the mess up?
Alright boys… I’ve been reading these post and it all boils down to winning. I’ll take Beverly everyday and twice on Sunday as my first pick in the region. He just means more to a team than anyone else in my opinion. Sperry may be the most athletic but I’m in it to win. I’ve watched all these boys grow up and know them pretty good. Sperry, combs, Collins, Hoskins, and Bellamy have always been good ball players and believe me they have been told that all their lives. But if you go back and read my old post and please do if you don’t agree. Bhs will not win the 14th. Them boys when they get punched in the mouth and play on the big stage they back down. Facts are facts.

PS turnover your big boy hasn’t improved since 5th grade
I know parkway you destroyed him trying to coach at Breathitt middle school .you can't even teach yours to shoot a layup Mine can dunk it

He ain't improved why I can't figure out why he's been a 4 year varsity starter and got 2 to go ??
Me either
Shoes how much you know That's easy figured out