Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central pitcher throws 143 pitches, Rediculous!
Justin is a true pitcher. If he feels comfortable then he should throw. If he doesnt then put him somewhere else. All in all, 113 pitches is not going to hurt him if he says it wont.
King's arm has recooped and is back in great shape.
the dark wizard Wrote:If you were there you would know. This kid has been throwing off the mound regularily since november. His arm is in great shape. I talked to him the day after. NO SORENESS! He is in great pitching shape to do this.

It doesn't matter how long this kid has been throwing and how well is arm is conditioned. This is obsurd for a high school kid to throw so many pitches. This is the main reason why smaller schools in the mountains either rarely or never have pitchers who suceed or get the chance to play in college ball. It might not have taken a toll on him yet but it will down the road. I am speaking from experience. Coaches from a larger school, such as Lexington or Louisville, would be fired for doing something like this. And if I can ask, how many days of rest did they give him to rest before he pitched again or played another position?
TheWarriors Wrote:It doesn't matter how long this kid has been throwing and how well is arm is conditioned. This is obsurd for a high school kid to throw so many pitches. This is the main reason why smaller schools in the mountains either rarely or never have pitchers who suceed or get the chance to play in college ball. It might not have taken a toll on him yet but it will down the road. I am speaking from experience. Coaches from a larger school, such as Lexington or Louisville, would be fired for doing something like this. And if I can ask, how many days of rest did they give him to rest before he pitched again or played another position?

about 5-7 days.:Thumbs:
I wonder if King's arm was tired by the end of the season or if he just had a bad game against North Laurel. Hopefully his coaches help him to take care of his arm because he has a future at the next level after next season ends.
SEKYFAN Wrote:I wonder if King's arm was tired by the end of the season or if he just had a bad game against North Laurel. Hopefully his coaches help him to take care of his arm because he has a future at the next level after next season ends.

His arm is fine. One game at the end of the year isnt any reason to say he has a hurt arm. You couldnt expect him to be lights out every night of the season. It just so happened that NL wasnt his day. He and the team will do bigger and better things next year seeing how they were a senior less team this year and everyone saw the success they had coming out of nowhere.
this thread is a joke ...ppl need to quit babying kids .....look back in the history of baseball ill bet you if you named the top 5 pitchers of all time 4 of them would have pitched at a time when started 40 games a year and 35 to 38 of them would be complete games. Guys would throw 150 to 200 pitches alot of times. And they had long succesful careers. what do you all think bob gibson would say about this thread?
TheWarriors Wrote:It doesn't matter how long this kid has been throwing and how well is arm is conditioned. This is obsurd for a high school kid to throw so many pitches. This is the main reason why smaller schools in the mountains either rarely or never have pitchers who suceed or get the chance to play in college ball. It might not have taken a toll on him yet but it will down the road. I am speaking from experience. Coaches from a larger school, such as Lexington or Louisville, would be fired for doing something like this. And if I can ask, how many days of rest did they give him to rest before he pitched again or played another position?
Read the latest issue of Sports Ilustrated and Nolan ryan's take on pitch count and how ridiculous people are getting with putting a number of pitches on pitchers. I think he knows a bit more about the issue than any of us !
Dr. Kremchek has made a fortune doing Tommy John surgery, ask him about pitch counts. I bet he would be against them as well. Be smart the shoulder is not meant to rotate the direction a pitcher has to rotate to throw a baseball. How many softball pitchers have arm problems, it is because the rotator is designed to rotate the direction of a softball pitcher.