Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott County 66 - Perry County Central 56
I really LAUGHED OUT LOUD :biglmao:when I read the post by ANEWPAT, where it says that you can not pull for Perry Central because Paige is playing and taking away minutes from our local kids. You are living in some DREAM world, because Knott County has the 2nd best recruiting class in the state behind UK, so the best that I can figure that some of the LOCAL Knott Co. kids are loosing minutes to kids from other places.

TongueirateSho
Man, Jaysean is the real deal. By far the best player in the mnts and one of the best in the state. Perry has a long way to go, but can be GREAT. It'll take time, but I think they'll get there. Good performance against a very good Scott Co team.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:So at first, PCC fans were so ecited to get Paige thinking he would put them as a lock to win region.
Now, some of you are saying he's whats wrong with the team and needs to go?

lol

Perry Central would have gotten beat 20+ last night without Paige, imo.
Norm Wrote:I'm glad I was at this game. People in the mountains, and especially the 14th region, are being treated to fantastic year with the eligibility of Paige. I'm sorry to those of you who are waiting for the next Richie Farmer or Shannon Hoskins (legit country boy ballers), but Jaysean Paige is here! This kid was hyped up so much, I went just to find something wrong with his game. I expected a showboating city kid that would struggle mightily against one of the top teams in the state due to his lack of practice time. What I got to see was an amazing athlete put on quite a show. Playing against 2 of the better players in the state, Paige was the best player on the floor, PERIOD! The lob he went up and got in the second quarter, although it wasn't a clean finish, gave me goosebumps. He made moves around the basket that I haven't seen in this area EVER. His jumpshot is a smooth stroke, and consistent. I was in awe, and it was a joy to watch.

As for the rest of the game, Scott County is excellent. They play defense, and I mean they get in your shorts. Beverly was a total non-factor. They took him completely out of his game. Cornett was very inconsistent down low and looked simply lost at times on defense. He has to be better in order for Perry to edge Knott Central. Perry, a very good high school team, just didn't have the ability to jump with the Cards in the paint and gave up too many second and third chance opportunities.

I haven't seen Knott play yet this year, but I believe the region comes down to them and PCC. Buckhorn is capable of beating anyone on a given night, but they are NOT as good as PCC.

Great day of basketball in Hazard, and for those of you curious to see Paige play, don't put it off. The kid is a baller!
Yep.
ANEWPAT Wrote:I'm so glad that Norm enjoyed Paige so much. I for one wish he would recruit Paige over to his school. I think bringing in Paige is what is wrong with the PCC team They seemed a much more organized team and were winning their ballgames before Paige became eligable. Paige hasn't come around to the Commodore type of play and the team has to be on the same page (pun intended). As a coach, is Hatcher going to try to make his entire team adjust to fit Paige's style after Hatcher has spent so much time training them to do what he wants? Also, knowing that next year Paige will be gone and he will need to go back to what he has always had.

As for me, I wanted so bad to pull for PCC this years, mainly because I really like the player that Beverly is. But, I have now watched 3 PCC games since Paige became eligable, and I'm just not going to be able to jump on the Jaysean Paige train. I just do not like the fact that he was brought in from New York and has taken the playing time away from our local boys. I can't enjoy the game because I sit there all night wanting to boo him even when he does something great. I am just not going to be able to support any of the teams that has made the decision to bring these kids in here this year.

Guess I will be a Patriot fan at least one more year!
Lol.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:So at first, PCC fans were so ecited to get Paige thinking he would put them as a lock to win region.
Now, some of you are saying he's whats wrong with the team and needs to go?

lol

That was a Knott Co fan, not a PCC fan. We're thrilled Jaysean is here and we know that it takes time to build chemistry.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Perry Central would have gotten beat 20+ last night without Paige, imo.

No doubt. He kept them in the game. He was really unguardable last night.
What I like most about his game is that when Perry needed a bucket, he wanted the ball, and usually delivered.
Any dunks last night?
What was his stats?
Aslan Wrote:No doubt. He kept them in the game. He was really unguardable last night.
What I like most about his game is that when Perry needed a bucket, he wanted the ball, and usually delivered.

He's a player, no doubt about that. And he would not be the 3rd or 4th best player on Scott County's team as KyFan35 posted. He would be on even terms with their best players. Hicks would love to have him.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Any dunks last night?
What was his stats?
He had two lob dunks. One was not a very clean dunk, a one hander than popped up off the rim and fell back through. The other was a two handed flush, with authority.
Come on PCC...

Gotta start recruiting harder out of state. This is unacceptable!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:"I was really amazed at the scott/pcc game last night. I cant believe we bring a very good team all the way to pcc and treat them this way. The refs were a complete joke lastnight. No excuse to call the game that way!!! It was totally one sided for the whole game!! When you look at the 4th quarter scoring you will see exactly what im talking about. No excuse for this at all, sure hope scott gets a little better treatment where ever they may go. I understand the home team gets the 50/50 and a couple more calls, but no excuse for that lastnight."

I borrowed most of this quote from ballstar in the Scott vs. Hazard thread, just replaced hhs with pcc!

Can't believe no one is talking about the officals. At one time in the second half the foul difference was 10 on Scott 1 on perry. Shameful!!! On a neutral Scott wins by 30!!!
Are you even serious? Were you even at the game? did you not see how aggresive Scott was? Perry was playing a match up zone so they were not fouling much, but Scott was taking turns mugging Beverly, hitting him in the nuts several times, hands all over him pushing him all over the court! Yes Hazard got every call against them the night before, but I'm surprised no one was talking about the refs too, but not the way your talking, they let Scott come in and do whatever they wanted, if it was 10 to 1 like you say, it should of been 20 to 1. It was totally ridiculous how those bald headed idiots took care of coach hicks for Scott, laughing and cutting up with them like they were best buds all through the game, like no one was noticing at all. They kissed his butt all night long and Hatcher couldn't believe that he couldn't even get half the calls Hazard got the night before. so thanks for bringing it up, the refs were horrible, but at least everyone seen Perry not even get calls in their own region, AT HOME. :redboxer:
WideRight05 Wrote:Come on PCC...

Gotta start recruiting harder out of state. This is unacceptable!

Give em your phone number wideright so you can have Highlands show them how to do it right!

:popcorn:
Can't wait to catch a PCC game and watch Paige play!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
ANEWPAT and KentuckyFan35 are ridonkulous

They screw up PCC threads almost as bad as I used to screw up KCC and HHS threads
First, I really am going to have to change my name on here. When I first created my account it was to post in reply to something about KCC so that's why I picked that name. I graduated from M.C. Napier. I am not associated with any school right now. I have one kids and it's a girl who is grown and married. She has one kid who is a girl that does not play basketball. Before each season starts, I decide who I think is the best team in the region that year and that is who I follow most closely. In the recent past, it has been KCC because they have been the best team in the region. Aslan, you should remember that I started this season out pulling for PCC because in my opinion they are the best team in the region. Still think they are. I am just a huge Beverley fan and will probably be back on the PCC train next year and will hopefully follow that kid through his senior year.

As for my opinion on recruiting, several of you must not read on here too often or it would have come as no surprise to you. Yes, I have a huge problem with bringing these kids in here from out of state and out of the country. It's nothing personal to PCC. I don't like the Texas boys being at Cordia or the Canadians being at East Ridge any better. Do I think anyone gives a d@mn what my feelings are? Nope! But it is my opinion, and I'm allowed to voice it. Cordia's recruiting efforts are blowing up in their faces right now. I hope the same thing happens at every school that has brought these boys in.

And, flame if you want to, I don't have a problem with our mountain kids moving around schools. I have said absolutely nothing about PCC's girls team and they are definitely the best example of this. I hope that team wins the state tournament this year because they are mountain kids playing for a mountain team. I said it before and I'll say it again. If I wanted to watch Texans, New Yorkers or Canadians play ball, I would have moved there.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Are you even serious? Were you even at the game? did you not see how aggresive Scott was? Perry was playing a match up zone so they were not fouling much, but Scott was taking turns mugging Beverly, hitting him in the nuts several times, hands all over him pushing him all over the court! Yes Hazard got every call against them the night before, but I'm surprised no one was talking about the refs too, but not the way your talking, they let Scott come in and do whatever they wanted, if it was 10 to 1 like you say, it should of been 20 to 1. It was totally ridiculous how those bald headed idiots took care of coach hicks for Scott, laughing and cutting up with them like they were best buds all through the game, like no one was noticing at all. They kissed his butt all night long and Hatcher couldn't believe that he couldn't even get half the calls Hazard got the night before. so thanks for bringing it up, the refs were horrible, but at least everyone seen Perry not even get calls in their own region, AT HOME. :redboxer:

Yes I was at the game and you are not much of a guru if you can't acknowledge that perry got the same breaks as Hazard. They hounded Hazard the same way with their man to man, the ref's in central Kentucky don't call those foul's.:HitWall:
zaga_fan Wrote:ANEWPAT and KentuckyFan35 are ridonkulous

They screw up PCC threads almost as bad as I used to screw up KCC and HHS threads

Before I speak my peace, I know you were complimentry of the way Hazard played against Scott County. So here goes!

I wasn't even gonna get involved in these Scott County, pcc, Hazard threads, I knew what was gonna happen to Scott County, that's why those teams won't come to eastern Kentucky unless they get paid a lot of money. But when the perry fans hijacked the Scott vs. Hazard thread talking about the ref's and how they kept Hazard close for 3 quarters and then when the ref's do the same thing, keeping pcc close the whole game, and I call the perry fans out, I get called "ridonkulous". Once again I'll be honest, neutral site, neutral ref's Scott would have beat Hazard a bad as they wanted and would have beat pcc by 20 plus!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Yes I was at the game and you are not much of a guru if you can't acknowledge that perry got the same breaks as Hazard. They hounded Hazard the same way with their man to man, the ref's in central Kentucky don't call those foul's.:HitWall:

so your admitting that the refs in central ky ignore fouls? hmmm.. that seems to be about right. That is why the refs from eastern ky usually end up in the finals and semi's of the state tourney, because they actually do what they are supposed to do, call fouls. When someone puts hands all over another player, that is a no brainer, but it wasn't saturday, because they might upset almight coach hicks. boo hooo.:please:
Paige greatly helps this PCC team, and that's that.
I was at this game, and it sure didn't look like a home game for PCC. I know your not supposed to get every call, but usually you get some of them. The only ones that they called are the ones where they actually had to call something because someone really got killed. They let them hold, hit, smack, push and grab all night long, I bet the Beverly kid couldn't even get out of bed sunday morning. what is the deal with that? They acted like they was calling at Scott County if you ask me.
And Paige is definitely a player, if they officials would of let Beverly get the ball up the floor occasionally without being beaten up, he could of gotten PCC in there offense a little more, but PCC really needs to learn how to box out when they are playing players of this caliber. You can't just stand and expect to get a rebound.
Ballers Wrote:Paige greatly helps this PCC team, and that's that.

Please elaborate
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Before I speak my peace, I know you were complimentry of the way Hazard played against Scott County. So here goes!

I wasn't even gonna get involved in these Scott County, pcc, Hazard threads, I knew what was gonna happen to Scott County, that's why those teams won't come to eastern Kentucky unless they get paid a lot of money. But when the perry fans hijacked the Scott vs. Hazard thread talking about the ref's and how they kept Hazard close for 3 quarters and then when the ref's do the same thing, keeping pcc close the whole game, and I call the perry fans out, I get called "ridonkulous". Once again I'll be honest, neutral site, neutral ref's Scott would have beat Hazard a bad as they wanted and would have beat pcc by 20 plus!

Actually, I thought the refs in the Perry-Scott game did a pretty good job. The breaks about evened out. Hatcher was as upset with as many calls as Hicks was. They missed a few calls, but it was both ways. I would guess that Hicks was pleased with the officiating, it being a road game and all. Scott plays intense, pressure defense, so they're going to have a few more fouls called on them than most teams. If anything, they probably could have called hand checking on Scott a little more than they did when they were hounding Beverly from the moment he touched the ball. Scott made it rough on him, and he appeared to have been hit in the family jewels once, because he was bent over in pain for a period of time.
I'm a neutral observer from another school in the 14th and have no dog in this fight, but that's how I saw the game.
I wasn't at the Hazard-Scott game, so I don't know how it was officiated.
This game was called down the middle.
Perry caught some breaks and Scott caught some breaks.
The way this game was called had nothing to do with who won at the end.
Perry had every chance in the world to get back into this one but their refuse to box out lost them the game.
And everyone can hate all they want about the team not gelling on offense or whatever....
but Jaysean was the only player in a PCC uniform that actually tried to rebound.
And the only defense I saw played was by Paige and Beverly.

They kept everything together at the top of that matchup-zone but the boys on the block let A LOT of uncontested 3s go up.
zaga_fan Wrote:This game was called down the middle.
Perry caught some breaks and Scott caught some breaks.
The way this game was called had nothing to do with who won at the end.Perry had every chance in the world to get back into this one but their refuse to box out lost them the game.
And everyone can hate all they want about the team not gelling on offense or whatever....
but Jaysean was the only player in a PCC uniform that actually tried to rebound.
And the only defense I saw played was by Paige and Beverly.

They kept everything together at the top of that matchup-zone but the boys on the block let A LOT of uncontested 3s go up.

Bolded above is my point as well, Scott was way better than Hazard and Quiet a bit better than pcc. The ref's just kept the games close, Scott still won both! And for the third time in this thread, on a neutral floor and neutral ref's Scott would have beat Hazard by as bad as they wanted and would have beat pcc by 20 plus!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Bolded above is my point as well, Scott was way better than Hazard and Quiet a bit better than pcc. The ref's just kept the games close, Scott still won both! And for the third time in this thread, on a neutral floor and neutral ref's Scott would have beat Hazard by as bad as they wanted and would have beat pcc by 20 plus!

20 plus is pushing it. you dont see hatcher get beat by 20 plus hardly ever. and i bet if he did think they would beat them 20 plus, he would hold the ball long enough to where they dont even score 20 points. lol
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Before I speak my peace, I know you were complimentry of the way Hazard played against Scott County. So here goes!

I honestly think this game was called down the middle.
I didn't see the Hazard game and didn't comment on the officiating in that thread....
but I even went back there and said that if Scott County played the same way they did against Perry in that game then it was very possible they had 19 fouls going into the 4th.

I don't know about hitting Braxton in the nuts and junk like that...
but the defenders were really "handsy" and the KHSAA wants to crack down on that type of defense.
Here in the 14th Region it has been preached that if the defender puts his hands on a player, even if it's just a forearm to the back while being in the post, then the whistle needs to be blown.
Perry didn't get called for a lot of fouls....
but look how they played on defense.
They barely got a hand up to defend shots....
let alone foul anyone.

And on a neutral court Hatch wouldn't get beat by 20 plus.
It's hard to beat him by 20.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Give em your phone number wideright so you can have Highlands show them how to do it right!

:popcorn:

Good idea! They could use some help on winning regional and state titles.
It's ironic that the only person saying PCC got the calls, is of course a Hazard fan. If this was on twitter, I'd hashtag the word "Biased".
Aslan Wrote:It's ironic that the only person saying PCC got the calls, is of course a Hazard fan. If this was on twitter, I'd hashtag the word "Biased".

Who was saying Hazard got all the call's against Scott County? pcc fans!!!
No one has hit on the key point of this game - DEPTH!

Scott played 9 players while Perry tried to play the whole game with one point guard that was being harrassed & double teamed from end to end. You had Gilbert (12), Richardson (10), Ivey (11) & #3(He was a pure pest). I thought Cornett & Huff were not as good as the night before going against 2 decent size players from Henry Clay - but Scott threw Harris(23), Patterson(44), Short(33) & #24 (don't remember his name). In addition Manning (32) was doing both double teaming & boarding! They were long & big. They all crashed the boards.

I was tired of "Crying Billy" by the end of the two days, but his team is talented & DEEP.
EKYHoops Wrote:so your admitting that the refs in central ky ignore fouls? hmmm.. that seems to be about right. That is why the refs from eastern ky usually end up in the finals and semi's of the state tourney, because they actually do what they are supposed to do, call fouls. When someone puts hands all over another player, that is a no brainer, but it wasn't saturday, because they might upset almight coach hicks. boo hooo.:please:

Wrong - the reason is there are never any teams from the 14th in the semis or finals!!