Poll: Taylor County - at Adair County - 7:00 PM
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Taylor County
83.33%
Adair County
16.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor County - at Adair County - 7:00 PM
^^True stories.
Jackson05 Wrote:Taylor's scrimmage got canceled because Dudly, in true Dudly fashion, was breaking the rules and got caught. Someone turned them into the KHSAA for scrimmaging at camp so they had to cancel their scheduled one Friday night. He's teaching those boys a lot by breaking the rules.
They we're also filming Adair County's scrimmage, which is against the rules. Adair saw them and made them delete their film. And what was the point? Adair was going to send them the film anyway. Truly classless.

It may be classless but all that shows that the man is serious about turning Taylor county around. Every good coach who knows how to win will bend the rules at every chance they think they can. One thing that people on this thread aren't talking about much is his ability to attract outside talent. Everywhere the man has gone people know him and want there kid to play for him. I would bet everything I own that Taylor will have some new additions to the team that weren't expected. If there ever was a man who can turn a team around in one season this is that man and I fully expect Taylor County to win this game.
:popcorn:
Jackson05 Wrote:Taylor's scrimmage got canceled because Dudly, in true Dudly fashion, was breaking the rules and got caught. Someone turned them into the KHSAA for scrimmaging at camp so they had to cancel their scheduled one Friday night. He's teaching those boys a lot by breaking the rules.
They we're also filming Adair County's scrimmage, which is against the rules. Adair saw them and made them delete their film. And what was the point? Adair was going to send them the film anyway. Truly classless.

I dont doubt it one bit :biglmao:
Do-double-gg Wrote:It may be classless but all that shows that the man is serious about turning Taylor county around. Every good coach who knows how to win will bend the rules at every chance they think they can. One thing that people on this thread aren't talking about much is his ability to attract outside talent. Everywhere the man has gone people know him and want there kid to play for him. I would bet everything I own that Taylor will have some new additions to the team that weren't expected. If there ever was a man who can turn a team around in one season this is that man and I fully expect Taylor County to win this game.

I dont agree with "bending rules" but he is tough to beat for sure.
It is very clear that there is an overwhelming admiration for Dudley and thus the willingness for an entire PUBLIC school district to cooperate and attempt to hide his wrongdoings this summer, and I for one would want my kid playing for a coach with drive like mentioned above, just not a coach that influence corruption in education and the game and one that will force my child to miss the first three days of school for camp because he wants to hide his games, as if it's a secret what he's running. Ultimately that is on the super of the principal, he had to get approval somewhere. Having said this, This game will be an interesting one in the terms of contrasting coaching methods and style. Adair's staff has one coach over 40 years old, I believe, and approaches the game very differently than what I have seen out of Dudley. I am not from eastern ky and have a very limited knowledge of Dudley's work other than his traditional ground and pound game but I am excited to see how his old school, grind it out football matches up against a high tempo, constantly moving offense.
I'd just like to tell all the Dudley worshipers who drink Hilton kool-aid I told you so.
Jackson05 Wrote:I'd just like to tell all the Dudley worshipers who drink Hilton kool-aid I told you so.

Adair co. Totally dominated Taylor co. Adair had 60 yard td reception called back 2 fumbles inside their own 10 yard line and several more big plays called back..The score should have been much worse than 28-6....I will give coach Hilton his props he a special coach but you guys need to give Adair credit also.
Should have been 49-6.

Adair had two drives where they fumbled on the goaline going in, another drive on the 5 going in and another drive where they had a 40 yard TD called back.

Taylor will cause some people problems, though. Taylor had a couple of turnovers themselves.

Speed kills. And it did tonight.
I was just kidding, I knew Adair would win this game!
:biggrin:
Do-double-gg Wrote:I was just kidding, I knew Adair would win this game!
:biggrin:

Confusednicker:
Do-double-gg Wrote:It may be classless but all that shows that the man is serious about turning Taylor county around. Every good coach who knows how to win will bend the rules at every chance they think they can. One thing that people on this thread aren't talking about much is his ability to attract outside talent. Everywhere the man has gone people know him and want there kid to play for him. I would bet everything I own that Taylor will have some new additions to the team that weren't expected. If there ever was a man who can turn a team around in one season this is that man and I fully expect Taylor County to win this game.

And now Dudley, Roger Cook, and all you Dudley strokers can suck on some reality.
HighViz Wrote:What Central and Western Ky needs to know about Hilton...
His teams grind you for 4 full quarters
His teams don't commit turnovers or fumble often
His teams jump up and slap a high five with a 3 yard rush as the seconds tick away, and love it when it takes 3-4 tries for first Down.
His teams will not miss many tackles and be prepared
His teams will not let a good RB beat him, or Qb. They will hit them early and often.
All this throws the team out of rythem. And wear teams down in 2 nd half.
I'm from EKY. He did it here, did it at Bourbon, and will continue. Bet the coach of any opposition knows the name and knows he is one of the top HS coaches in the state. No matter what.. If you don't know the above, or believe it. You will soon. Promise that.

As someone who was in attendance for this game, I don't really recall seeing any of this from Taylor.

Halfway through the 3rd, the kids were cramping, slow to get up and just straight up worn down.

I believe the TO margin was 0, they both had two fumbles.

Actually, this is something that they did do. They would high five after short gains and did take 3 or 4 downs to get the first. They just didn't get the first very often. I actually heard an unofficial radio stat after the game that said Taylor only had about 3 net yards of offense in the 2nd half.

They tackled like a very average team, and let Adair get several yards after initial contact on just about every play. Towards the end of the game, Adair had a fullback who was just running roughshod over Taylor.

A good RB and QB both had very good games against him. So, there's that.

Adair didn't look out of sync at all, except for maybe a drive or two over the course of the game. They kept hitting Taylor and kept getting to the edge. TC was straight up manhandled by the Adair defense, except for one drive.

I'm not going to say Dudley won't make Taylor into a great team, it's just going to happen this year. He could easily win the district, but that says more about the other teams than it does about him. He's one of the best coaches in KY history, without any chance of an argument otherwise. He just doesn't have the pieces he needs. Or, I guess hired hands would be a better term.

But his boys got plain old out played last night, and it seemed like he didn't have an answer when Adair shut him down. If Adair doesn't shoot themselves in the foot, it could have easily been a 40+ point game.
Congrats to Adair. They were prepared to play and it showed. Taylor not so much. Lack of conditioning really started to show in the second half for Taylor. I knew going into the season there were a ton of question marks for Taylor. Offensive line play was really offensive. Defense was undisciplined to handle all the misdirection that Adair threw at them. One DE did play well, keeping the sweeps contained until late in the game Adair started pulling the backside guard to seal the end. Other than that, very long night for Taylor. The one bright spot was halfway through the 4th it was still 13-6. Adair tacked on two late TD's to widen the margin. But no doubt about it, Adair outplayed Taylor last night.