Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bracken Co. Job Open
one constant. Your calls consistently go unanswered.
cadets1988 Wrote:one constant. Your calls consistently go unanswered.

You know. When you work a big job like Bracken county, you don’t need to answer the phone for the boosters. They have people who do that for them.

The culture at BC is so supportive and focused for the coaches to coach that they don’t need bothered by phone calls. I just want them to know I’m here. Mike Honcho super fan. Haven’t missed a home football game since my kidney stone in ‘09. And I was there, just had to leave before kickoff and the doctors wouldn’t let me get back in time.

I’m not worried. That school always picks winners. And they will again.
Things have been quiet here in Brooksville. I have it on good authority that our AD tried to bring a Brinks truck in to get Sam Elsbernd to not leave for Butler, but he wasn't swayed. In my opinion, it should have been two brinks. The man is a genius, and ran a great MS program, and he could have really helped at the varsity level!!

I'd guess now it's up to our AD to call the next obvious choice. I don't know if Dale Mueller will move to Brooksville, or just make the regular commute. But he'll fit in well here, he loves to fish!

If Mueller passes up an offer he surely can't refuse, we'll probably go to some high level assistants. Not sure who's out there, but I am willing to bet their names are in the no doubt hundreds of applications we've received in this nationwide search.

A program on the rise has lots of folks wanting to get on the bus!
I was at Graduation this weekend in Brooksville, (because it is THE social event of the year!) And I shed a few tears watching Coach Brausch at his last official function as a Polar Bear.

I don't know who they're bringing in to replace him. I have asked to be on the hiring committee, but apparently the fact that I don't have the right last name, or "A high school diploma" means that I can't interview coaches.

I trust in our school though. They have always hired INCREDIBLE coaches, and I am sure they are lined up to apply! I hope we get a coach before the dead period, I know these kids are hungry to work!

The future of Brooksville Football is so bright you need to wear shades!! :rockon::rockon::rockon:
Just saw where the Polar Bears posted their summer schedule on social media today. Have they found a coach? Assistant coach’s from last years staff running it? What’s going on here, they had some momentum going with winning seasons the last three years.
BTP Wrote:Just saw where the Polar Bears posted their summer schedule on social media today. Have they found a coach? Assistant coach’s from last years staff running it? What’s going on here, they had some momentum going with winning seasons the last three years.

Maybe Coach Florer? He’s still got to be the favorite for the job!

They don’t need a coach to run a program though, because I can guarantee these kids are out there working!!
MikeHonchoLives Wrote:Maybe Coach Florer? He’s still got to be the favorite for the job!

They don’t need a coach to run a program though, because I can guarantee these kids are out there working!!

Have not heard coach Florer’s name brought up, not sure what’s going on there. I think they do need to find a coach as quick as they can though.
After camping out at the school board office today I Spent my afternoon at Hal the Butcher’s today, getting my lettuce in order. And he asked me; “Honcho, who’s gonna coach the Polar Bears on the gridiron” and a few of the loafers in there were wanting to know.

I don’t know. I know round two of interviews is happening this week— but I’m not worried. The boys are working hard in the weight room thanks to Joey Crouch, the one and only “workout wizard” and they’re ready!

When you have a job like Brackens come open, you don’t need to worry. From what I hear applicants have been beating down the door to teach in our top notch school and coach. With facilities and community support like ours. Who wouldn’t?