Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Racism Clarified?
Meh...this crap coming out when Cain is leading the pack doesn't change my support of him.

I know how people lie. I don't believe anything these days.
vundy33 Wrote:Meh...this crap coming out when Cain is leading the pack doesn't change my support of him.

I know how people lie. I don't believe anything these days.
If the allegations of Perry's involvement are true, it will definitely affect my choice among Republican candidates. Perry has run such a stupid campaign, I will not be shocked to see proof that these charges originated in his camp - or that Perry's campaign was tipped off by an Obama operative.

Given Texas's record of job creation, the nomination and the general election were Perry's to lose and he has a great start on doing just that. His bogus negative attacks on Romney were already reminding me of the ones that McCain and Huckabee made in the 2008 campaign. I have nothing against negative campaigning if the attacks are true but I have a feeling that Perry is more interested in his plummeting poll numbers than he is in the truth.
TheRealVille Wrote:One years pay. It happened during a night of heavy drinking. One sexual harrasser is no different than any other. You really show what you think of women, in this post.

I heard it was a 3 month serverance. And I heard it was determined to be baseless. You're going to hear anything you want during this election cycle and I have already pointed this fact of life out on other threads. FWIW I like Perry, and that isn't a secret either. As far as the 'women' comment goes; I have worked in what I consider to be a broad range of environments. My observations on sexual harrassment have shown me that the greater majority of women are not at all adverse to skirt the edges in conversation which has sexual overtones. On the other hand, women who have no interest in sending out little "I might be interested" suggestive comments, simply do not go there. The latter leaves little doubt in the mind of all male co-workers and associates, that she is not soliciting her own troupe of 'just in case men'. I don't lump all women into a catagory. What we're talking about here is a guy who is full of himself wrongly believing he is irresistable and throws himself around the workplace like unwanted trash. The classic narcicist, ala Bill Clinton. That's wrong in my book and I have seen it happen and when it does it should be dealt with.

Since we have no idea, nor will we have any idea, who these offended ones are, I believe it is wrong to throw out open ended allegations like this against Herman Cain because it is impossible for him to vidicate or defend himself in the minds of the voting public against faceless accusers. The conditions of their so called settlement provide for their silence on the matter. However, I will say that if Cain is guilty as charged it's better to learn about it now. As I said, the problem with all this is he will never get to face his accusers.

It is truly unfortunate that people running for elected office so often have a closet somewhere crammed with skeletons. It's also unfortunate that elected officials hold others to high moral standards after having failed so miserably in that area themselves. Just another reason to support Perry.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I heard it was a 3 month serverance. And I heard it was determined to be baseless. You're going to hear anything you want during this election cycle and I have already pointed this fact of life out on other threads. FWIW I like Perry, and that isn't a secret either. As far as the 'women' comment goes; I have worked in what I consider to be a broad range of environments. My observations on sexual harrassment have shown me that the greater majority of women are not at all adverse to skirt the edges in conversation which has sexual overtones. On the other hand, women who have no interest in sending out little "I might be interested" suggestive comments, simply do not go there. The latter leaves little doubt in the mind of all male co-workers and associates, that she is not soliciting her own troupe of 'just in case men'. I don't lump all women into a catagory. What we're talking about here is a guy who is full of himself wrongly believing he is irresistable and throws himself around the workplace like unwanted trash. The classic narcicist, ala Bill Clinton. That's wrong in my book and I have seen it happen and when it does it should be dealt with.

Since we have no idea, nor will we have any idea, who these offended ones are, I believe it is wrong to throw out open ended allegations like this against Herman Cain because it is impossible for him to vidicate or defend himself in the minds of the voting public against faceless accusers. The conditions of their so called settlement provide for their silence on the matter. However, I will say that if Cain is guilty as charged it's better to learn about it now. As I said, the problem with all this is he will never get to face his accusers.

It is truly unfortunate that people running for elected office so often have a closet somewhere crammed with skeletons. It's also unfortunate that elected officials hold others to high moral standards after having failed so miserably in that area themselves. Just another reason to support Perry.
The latest reports say one year. If he is talking, it will break the agreement and will allow them to talk, of which I have heard is already in the making.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:If the allegations of Perry's involvement are true, it will definitely affect my choice among Republican candidates. Perry has run such a stupid campaign, I will not be shocked to see proof that these charges originated in his camp - or that Perry's campaign was tipped off by an Obama operative.

Given Texas's record of job creation, the nomination and the general election were Perry's to lose and he has a great start on doing just that. His bogus negative attacks on Romney were already reminding me of the ones that McCain and Huckabee made in the 2008 campaign. I have nothing against negative campaigning if the attacks are true but I have a feeling that Perry is more interested in his plummeting poll numbers than he is in the truth.

His campaign has been a joke. I still think the man himself to be honorable. Given that admissiion of stupidity, I still strongly doubt the rumor came from the Perry campaign. What he needs to do is fire the whole lot of them and start anew with a more credible staff
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:His campaign has been a joke. I still think the man himself to be honorable. Given that admissiion of stupidity, I still strongly doubt the rumor came from the Perry campaign. What he needs to do is fire the whole lot of them and start with a more credible staff
I was prepared to jump on the Perry bandwagon but he has come across to me as rather dim witted during the debates. I will vote for whoever wins the Republican nomination but we already have an idiot in the White House (Biden lives at Naval Observatory, else the count would be doubled).

Maybe I am being too harsh on Perry but there are too many candidates who could debate Obama effectively to risk such an important election on a poor performer. Perry needs to bring his "A" game to a few debates if he wants to be a serious contender. Otherwise, the race may come down to Romney and Palen. (She will enter if Romney begins to pull away from the field, IMO.)
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I was prepared to jump on the Perry bandwagon but he has come across to me as rather dim witted during the debates. I will vote for whoever wins the Republican nomination but we already have an idiot in the White House (Biden lives at Naval Observatory, else the count would be doubled).

Maybe I am being too harsh on Perry but there are too many candidates who could debate Obama effectively to risk such an important election on a poor performer. Perry needs to bring his "A" game to a few debates if he wants to be a serious contender. Otherwise, the race may come down to Romney and Palen. (She will enter if Romney begins to pull away from the field, IMO.)
Newt would CRUSH Obama in debates Hoot. Maybe you're being too harsh on Newt. Join me brother...Give Newt a chance.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Newt would CRUSH Obama in debates Hoot. Maybe you're being too harsh on Newt. Join me brother...Give Newt a chance.
I agree that Newt would crush Obama in the debates and I will support Newt 100 percent if he gets the nomination. Newt's problem is that he made many politically debilitating blunders during the years that he apparently thought he was finished running for office. He has been demonized by liberals for years, so they will not vote for him - and he turned his back on conservatives several times on core issues. That does not leave much of a base upon which he can build support.