Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 27 Scott 26
Granny Bear Wrote:^^ I am SO mad at you!!! I went to sleep last night thinking Johnson Central had lost the game. You WILL pay!!!

Congratulations Golden Eagles. Sounds like it was a fight to the finish!!

Sure hope you guys go to Bowling Green; if so, I will be there to cheer you on!!

I'm angry with Pulp NOT pj!! pj post bombed me!!

You're senile. go back to sleep lol
It's got to be terrible to lose in a game like that.
My phone died late in the 4th qtr Granny Bear.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I've had that happen to me a couple of times, too Pulp.
mysonis55 Wrote:It's got to be terrible to lose in a game like that.

It has to feel awsome to win a game like that!
One of the hardest games I've ever had to sit and watch. But still a win is a win however you get it. Will someone tell me the reason why Matney continually runs the plays from the sideline with his QB that has a bad leg.
baller55 Wrote:One of the hardest games I've ever had to sit and watch. But still a win is a win however you get it. Will someone tell me the reason why Matney continually runs the plays from the sideline with his QB that has a bad leg.

If it was that hard on you please do all of us a favor and stay home. We don't need so called fans like yourself following this team anyway. Do you realize how stupid you sound? Here our young men are playing in the state semi-final round and you want to bitch about how the play is called. It's obvious that you have an agenda because you only show up on here to stir something up. If you're so concerned about our team and Coach Matney's play calling methods why don't you just simply stop by practice and ask him? We will be practicing every afternoon from 3:30 to 6:30. Quit being a gutless punk and hiding behind a username. You're either on board with this team or you're not. So make up your mind fast because we've got better things to focus on besides a coward hiding behind a user name on a message board with an obvious agenda.
Listened to the game on the radio, sounded like both teams tried to give it away.
Seemed like a valid question
This Pirate fan will be cheering for JC!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
nky Wrote:Seemed like a valid question

I agree. If the kid is a little gimpy, then why run him all the way to the sideline and then back to the huddle. Surely a receiver could run play call in and take some of the load off him. Very valid question.
Coach Booth Wrote:If it was that hard on you please do all of us a favor and stay home. We don't need so called fans like yourself following this team anyway. Do you realize how stupid you sound? Here our young men are playing in the state semi-final round and you want to bitch about how the play is called. It's obvious that you have an agenda because you only show up on here to stir something up. If you're so concerned about our team and Coach Matney's play calling methods why don't you just simply stop by practice and ask him? We will be practicing every afternoon from 3:30 to 6:30. Quit being a gutless punk and hiding behind a username. You're either on board with this team or you're not. So make up your mind fast because we've got better things to focus on besides a coward hiding behind a user name on a message board with an obvious agenda.

Focus on this !! How many delay of game calls have we had called on us this year? And our QB is not at 100%, and was limping after one play late in the game.
Congrats to Johnson Central on the win. Have to admit I thought you all were done watching the update threads. It's great that our county is going to be represented by 2 teams in the state semis. Hope u all get to BG next weekend.
baller55 Wrote:One of the hardest games I've ever had to sit and watch. But still a win is a win however you get it. Will someone tell me the reason why Matney continually runs the plays from the sideline with his QB that has a bad leg.

I thought that Workman had recovered from his injury? He is the key that makes that offense run.
baller55 Wrote:Focus on this !! How many delay of game calls have we had called on us this year? And our QB is not at 100%, and was limping after one play late in the game.

You tell me know it all. Outside of the Ashland game it don't recall any delay of game penaltys. Look it's obvious what your trying to do and its sad. Once again why don't you voice your concerns to Coach Matney at practice? We will be there between 3:30 and 6:00 if you're so concerned. It's simple if you're so concerned ask him in person instead of being gutless and hiding behind a username on a message board.
Bottom line...

No matter how they got the win last night, the Golden Eagles are 1 win away from Bowling Green.
I think 4A is definitely wide open.

What a great last couple of weeks to watch.

Wayne County is quietly one of the best teams in this part of the state, everyone knows JC is good, South Warren has been ranked high all year, and like Wayne, Shelby County is a really good kept secret who looked good this week. I say any four could win.
Coach Booth Wrote:You tell me know it all. Outside of the Ashland game it don't recall any delay of game penaltys. Look it's obvious what your trying to do and its sad. Once again why don't you voice your concerns to Coach Matney at practice? We will be there between 3:30 and 6:00 if you're so concerned. It's simple if you're so concerned ask him in person instead of being gutless and hiding behind a username on a message board.

Get your practice times right! First post was between 3:30 and 6:30 One more question are you the same coach Booth that was there years back ! If so that explains it all!!!!!!!!!!!
baller55 Wrote:Get your practice times right! First post was between 3:30 and 6:30 One more question are you the same coach Booth that was there years back ! If so that explains it all!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that all you got baller?You're still a gutless coward hiding behind a user name on a message board. How can you say you're a baller? The truth is you have no balls.
Coach Booth Wrote:Is that all you got baller?You're still a gutless coward hiding behind a user name on a message board. How can you say you're a baller? The truth is you have no balls.

:lame:
Coach Booth Wrote:Is that all you got baller?You're still a gutless coward hiding behind a user name on a message board. How can you say you're a baller? The truth is you have no balls.

Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupidity!! Take your meds and go to bed!!!!!!!!!!:biglmao:
If a coach of team still left is so bent out of shape from simple questions on a high school posting board. Good luck in the next round. Come on coach show so class, don't let others goat you. Just prep for next week.
Bryce Workman to Geordon Blanton vs. Scott; 2015.
Ross Sanor to JK Hall vs. Ashland; 2009.
Zac Gound to Dalton Adkins vs. Ashland; 2012.

I've not been around that long, but IMO, these are the best passes in JC football history.
Some of the more senior posters may disagree, but those are the best three passes that I can remember. All three are game winning passes against great teams.
The 2012 pass brought them within 1 the two point conversion won the game.
washed up Wrote:The 2012 pass brought them within 1 the two point conversion won the game.

Ah... correct.

Still an All-Time top 3 JC pass.
baller55 Wrote:Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupidity!! Take your meds and go to bed!!!!!!!!!!:biglmao:

:hilarious:

surely a coach wouldn't get on a message board and talk like that?sounds like he needs a bar of soap to wash his mouth out..Confusednicker:
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Bryce Workman to Geordon Blanton vs. Scott; 2015.
Ross Sanor to JK Hall vs. Ashland; 2009.
Zac Gound to Dalton Adkins vs. Ashland; 2012.

I've not been around that long, but IMO, these are the best passes in JC football history.
Some of the more senior posters may disagree, but those are the best three passes that I can remember. All three are game winning passes against great teams.

I'd throw in the halfback pass against Ashland to Tommy Taylor in the playoff game in 2006 in the second round, that won the game 28-21 and got us to Rockcastle and eventually to the semi-state against Covington Catholic. That was satisfying, especially after the FG in 2005. It deserves consideration, at least.
cuppett777 Wrote:surely a coach wouldn't get on a message board and talk like that?sounds like he needs a bar of soap to wash his mouth out..Confusednicker:

I have to agree that he needs to eat a bar of lye soap :truestory:
The WSIP broadcast team raised the same question about Workman limping back and forth to the sidelines to get plays. Maybe one of them will ask Matney about it. My impression of Coach Matney is that he is not too thin skinned to answer a reasonable question.

It might be that Matney did not want to risk miscommunication that often occurs when you tinker with a process that has worked all year long in the middle of the biggest game of the year. Scott's coaching staff was surely sharp enough to realize that Workman was not the threat to run that he was before his injury if the WSIP team noticed.