Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central @ Wayne County - 4A Semi-State
THOMCAT Wrote:People like to complain about Johnson Central's strength of schedule. Since Pulp Fiction has not posted Wayne's schedule, here goes.

Wayne County has wins over the following teams

0-10 Russell County
1-10 West Jessamine
2-9 South Laurel
2-9 Clay County
2-8 Perry Central
5-7 Rockcastle County (2 Wins)
6-6 Mercer County
7-5 Monroe County
8-5 Know Central (2 Wins)

I really look for this to be a really good game.

Johnson Central's 11 wins comes against:

0-10 Fairland Ohio
1-9 East Carter
4-6 Boyd County
4-7 Harlan County
4-7 Holmes
5-6 Rowan County
6-6 Greenup County (2 Wins)
9-3 Ashland
10-3 Scott
10-3 Lexington Catholic
johnnyd Wrote:Its small....better bring a chair.

Not trying to be a smart a** just wondering if you could see the field from a lawn chair?
I always stand at a football game Smile
Do the Black Friday shopping gig in Lexington Friday morning...

Drive down to watch JC beat Wayne County Friday night....

Drive back up to Lexington after the game to watch UK beat loserville Saturday morning.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
jimbo Wrote:Not trying to be a smart a** just wondering if you could see the field from a lawn chair?

You can on the ends. The sidelines have bushes that you have to stand to see over . The ends are open
THOMCAT Wrote:People like to complain about Johnson Central's strength of schedule. Since Pulp Fiction has not posted Wayne's schedule, here goes.

Wayne County has wins over the following teams

0-10 Russell County
1-10 West Jessamine
2-9 South Laurel
2-9 Clay County
2-8 Perry Central
5-7 Rockcastle County (2 Wins)
6-6 Mercer County
7-5 Monroe County
8-5 Know Central (2 Wins)

I really look for this to be a really good game.

That is an awful schedule. I think after seeing that, JC wins comfortably. There is a lot of bad football in KY, never should be 6 classes.
Let's go Wayne.
The schedule is what it is, but the Cumberland Valley Bowl is a two year agreement and next year the opponent is North Laurel instead of South Laurel, which will replace a 2-win team with a 10-win team. Wayne County in its first year of 4A football beat a 2A District Champ in Monroe County and a 4A District Champ in Mercer County, plus had regular season games with Bell County and Madison Central. Clay and Russell County are both district games and Russell County is two years removed from back to back 10-win seasons.
I understand that in some parts of the state you just "go get" whatever position you need, but in rural county schools you play the hand your dealt with and sometimes your program is rebuilding, or you play a rebuilding team. Toss all the stones you want at Wayne County, but I trust our coach that was the statewide coach of the year in 2013 to play the schedule that's best for our program. FYI we also open the season with Bryan Station next season at Roy Kidd Bowl, so they're also an upgrade over Madison Central as well. Johnson Central very well might win Friday night, but whether Wayne's week four opponent has 2 wins or 5 wins, probably not a big indicator on who wins.
awesome and amazing post. thanks for sharing such a nice info with us..Smile
Wayne County by 12
Their is bad football in kentucky this is Johnson Central Chance but both teams are equal, I take the Home team
kapcat Wrote:So you saying Wayne co not got good people ,parents,coaches its people like you that useless to society!!! Grow up

What are you talking about? No one said anything about the people in Wayne Co.
I pulled up Wayne County's football field on Googlemaps and Bingmaps.....

It looks like Wayne County has some type of hedges or shrubs on the home side and the visitors side bleachers are small.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I pulled up Wayne County's football field on Googlemaps and Bingmaps.....

It looks like Wayne County has some type of hedges or shrubs on the home side and the visitors side bleachers are small.

Yep this will be standing room only:Wave:
The KHSAA member school list says that Jewell Field has a capacity of 1,500..... is that accurate?
I hope central brings that many go eagles
Pulp Fiction Wrote:The KHSAA member school list says that Jewell Field has a capacity of 1,500..... is that accurate?

Sounds about right.
Here is and image of the visitor stands of Corbin vs Wayne County 2013 which I believe is the record.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Here is and image of the visitor stands of Corbin vs Wayne County 2013 which I believe is the record.

Our pep buses will fill those bleachers. I can see a lot of standing and overflow to the home bleachers. Our fans arrive early so seating will only be a problem to those who arrive at kickoff.
One more day until game day go Eagles!
Happy thanksgiving
Fan of Jewell Field Wrote:The schedule is what it is, but the Cumberland Valley Bowl is a two year agreement and next year the opponent is North Laurel instead of South Laurel, which will replace a 2-win team with a 10-win team. Wayne County in its first year of 4A football beat a 2A District Champ in Monroe County and a 4A District Champ in Mercer County, plus had regular season games with Bell County and Madison Central. Clay and Russell County are both district games and Russell County is two years removed from back to back 10-win seasons.
I understand that in some parts of the state you just "go get" whatever position you need, but in rural county schools you play the hand your dealt with and sometimes your program is rebuilding, or you play a rebuilding team. Toss all the stones you want at Wayne County, but I trust our coach that was the statewide coach of the year in 2013 to play the schedule that's best for our program. FYI we also open the season with Bryan Station next season at Roy Kidd Bowl, so they're also an upgrade over Madison Central as well. Johnson Central very well might win Friday night, but whether Wayne's week four opponent has 2 wins or 5 wins, probably not a big indicator on who wins.
Spin it however you choose. Wayne has a solid team but has played a weak schedule. Johnson Central by 2 TD's.
Going to go with the hometown boys in this one. Hopefully all of johnson co can invade BG next weekend. Good luck to both teams but I'm taking the Eagles by 2 scores.
I like Wayne Counties coach and their fans are first class, for this reason I will pull for them and hope they beat these arrogant, pompous jack@#$ fans from Johnson Central on this thread.

Go Cards! :devilflam
Happy Thanksgiving go eagles
Johnson Central's mascot are the Golden Eagles.
think we know what the mascot name is pulp
Lilly Wrote:I like Wayne Counties coach and their fans are first class, for this reason I will pull for them and hope they beat these arrogant, pompous jack@#$ fans from Johnson Central on this thread.

Go Cards! :devilflam

Thank you, as if we really care.
THOMCAT Wrote:Thank you, as if we really care.

WOW!! Reading all these post makes me think the Cardinals might as well stay home, JC fans are talking like they have a rich history of winning state titles but I don't think that's the case. The Cards will let their play do all the talking for them tomorrow night. On On WC!!
I have went back and looked at the comments from the Central fans and could not find one negative shot at any of the fine fans from Wayne County. Did find one of a classless fan from Somerset that wanted to call the Eagle fans some less than nice games.