Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Daniel Thomas Mr. Football
(11-19-2023, 10:26 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-19-2023, 10:21 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:
(11-19-2023, 09:59 PM)Diablo Wrote: I won’t lose a bit of sleep if Daniel Thomas wins the Award.  Is he the BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER in Ky or he just have the BEST STATS?

I’d probably give the award to Bodner.
Best stats against cupcakes. I’ll take a player(s) whom competition was a lot tougher vs. the best in KY and put up similar numbers.

if you had a vote, my vote would cancel yours.
Likewise sir!
(11-19-2023, 09:59 PM)Diablo Wrote: I won’t lose a bit of sleep if Daniel Thomas wins the Award.  Is he the BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER in Ky or he just have the BEST STATS?

"I'd" ain't giving  the award. Daniel Thomas is Mr. Football. He would put up big numbers no matter which team he played for.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • BobcatForever
What are his career stats?

Best stats against cupcakes. I’ll take a player(s) whom competition was a lot tougher vs. the best in KY and put up similar numbers.
Woah
The past will tell you that the best player doesn’t always win the award. The LCA QB signing with UK will be hard to beat for the award because of the voters go googley eyes over a UK signee. It’s a shame but the way it has gone in the past.
Facts !!!!! Unless he’s a uk signee he won’t win. no matter how many yards he gets !!!!
Kinda how it always goes
Awesome accomplishment !!!!!
Best ok luck hope he wins it !!!!!
(11-19-2023, 11:47 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: Facts !!!!! Unless he’s a uk signee he won’t win. no matter how many yards he gets !!!!
Kinda how it always goes
Awesome accomplishment !!!!!
Best of luck hope he wins it !!!!!
(11-19-2023, 10:35 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: What are his career stats?
leading rusher, TD leader, and overall scorer last year too.

Nobody, ever, has had 3500 rushing yards in a season in this state. Nobody ever, has ran for over 50 TDs which he most likely will do in the first quarter friday. Nobody ever, will have scored over 340 points in a season, a record people are overlooking he already broke. And if they win friday, he has a shot to have over 56 total TDs, which has never been done. Most likely he will have 7000 yards in a career at the end of next week, which has happened 8 times ever in this state and all of which with more carries than him except for dominique hayden who he will most likely pass. To have a shot to win the next two weeks, he will get 30 carries and probably 300 yards a game. If he breaks 4000 yards, he has a shot at national player of the year. We can always take the best player on the best team and say of course he’s the winner, or someone who has played tougher competition and what will be 2000 less yards. But i would say, if nobody ever in this state has done something, maybe he is the clear choice. If they make it to state, he’s in the top 2 best high school RB this state has ever seen with jude.

Just HS not what they did after so exclude what hayden, harris, and alexander did after they graduated for those who bring that up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • BobcatForever
My vote goes to Hensley
(11-20-2023, 03:08 AM)rookie57 Wrote: My vote goes to Hensley

You don't have a vote Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • BobcatForever
Bell County doesn’t play a cupcake schedule and if Daniel Thomas doesn’t win this award it’s because voters have clearly lost their minds.  Thomas deserves it as much or more than any recent winner that I can remember.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BoondockSaint's post:
  • Granny Bear
I think he’s earned it. Bell has a decent team but I’ve seen him straight up put them on his back this year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School 18's post:
  • BobcatForever
If they can give this award to the RB from Belfry and couple years ago, then this kid from Bell should get it no question. Just my opinion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoR_58's post:
  • BobcatForever
Legendary season....the number of records this kid has broken or is capable of breaking are astounding.

Reward the boy for one of the best statistical seasons ever witnessed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EKUAlum05's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-20-2023, 03:54 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 03:08 AM)rookie57 Wrote: My vote goes to Hensley

You don't have a vote Smile
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

(11-20-2023, 10:16 AM)BoondockSaint Wrote: Bell County doesn’t play a cupcake schedule and if Daniel Thomas doesn’t win this award it’s because voters have clearly lost their minds.  Thomas deserves it as much or more than any recent winner that I can remember.
100% Agreed
(11-20-2023, 10:16 AM)BoondockSaint Wrote: Bell County doesn’t play a cupcake schedule and if Daniel Thomas doesn’t win this award it’s because voters have clearly lost their minds.  Thomas deserves it as much or more than any recent winner that I can remember.

Let's not get too crazy here. 2 of the last 5 are starting on Sundays. Not Saturdays, and not "playing".... Starting on Sundays, let that sink in for a bit.

I'm on board for Thomas to win it.

*Guess it should state 2 of the last 6. There was a tie and co-winners in 2020.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Glory_Days's post:
  • Hatz
I am for Thomas winning just because of all the records he has broken but I will say he is fighting and up hill battle when it comes up against the media giants that is Lexington and Louisville
(12-02-2023, 12:31 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: I am for Thomas winning just because of all the records he has broken but I will say he is fighting and up hill battle when it comes up against the media giants that is Lexington and Louisville

He gets stronger in uphill battles Smile
Whatever happened to Hayden? I haven’t heard his name in a while
(12-02-2023, 06:12 AM)Glory_Days Wrote:

Let's not get too crazy here. 2 of the last 5 are starting on Sundays. Not Saturdays, and not "playing".... Starting on Sundays, let that sink in for a bit.

Yes that is crazy, but mayer and wandale are the best players this state has ever seen at the HS level period. It’s just wild they were back to back. Alexander is the best player in the pros but those two in hs and college are untouched.
(12-02-2023, 08:50 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:

Yes that is crazy, but mayer and wandale are the best players this state has ever seen at the HS level period. It’s just wild they were back to back. Alexander is the best player in the pros but those two in hs and college are untouched.

Bull Butter.

Love to know how old you are. Have to be joking or under 25 years old. Must have never watched Tim Couch play
[-] The following 1 user Likes pirateforlife's post:
  • pjdoug
(12-03-2023, 12:43 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:

Love to know how old you are. Have to be joking or under 25 years old. Must have never watched Tim Couch play
Did he win MVP of the NFL? Did he take Kentucky to 10 wins like wandale did? Did he play on the national spotlight at notre dame and make an impact as a leading receiver at TE like mayer? I wonder how old you are cause after seeing them all four play in the pros and college, i don’t think there’s much debate. Was tim couch amazing, duh. But this is going to be so controversial i guess but it’s just my opinion. Every Mike leach and Hal mumme QB has done exactly what Couch did if not better everywhere they went, He was just the first one. And those numbers were crazy for 97-98 but you follow the 25 years since and see that mike leach did that to every QB he coached, and then they turned out not to be a generational talent.

This has absolutely nothing to do with daniel thomas.
I would vote for Daniel. Thomas.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • pjdoug
Hodge is the best player. Thomas had the best year!
Redmond CDJR Fiat Frankfort
16h
·
We would like to let everyone know that the NATIONAL rushing title for boys High-school Football was brought back to our old Kentucky home Saturday by Bell County's Daniel Thomas!
He rushed for 133 yards on 40 carries in the 3A State Championship Game with a 36 yard touchdown. For the season Thomas ran for a State Record and nation leading 3,815 yards and scored 54 rushing TD's.
He was 3rd in the nation in total points and tied for 3rd in TD’s.
Congratulations #4, the Bluegrass and your offensive line couldn’t be more proud ‼️ #RedmondCDJRFiatFrankfort #RedmondAgeeAutomotive
[-] The following 3 users Like BobcatForever's post:
  • Bull got out!, jax, pjdoug
(12-03-2023, 09:51 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(12-03-2023, 12:43 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:

Did he win MVP of the NFL? Did he take Kentucky to 10 wins like wandale did? Did he play on the national spotlight at notre dame and make an impact as a leading receiver at TE like mayer? I wonder how old you are cause after seeing them all four play in the pros and college, i don’t think there’s much debate. Was tim couch amazing, duh. But this is going to be so controversial i guess but it’s just my opinion. Every Mike leach and Hal mumme QB has done exactly what Couch did if not better everywhere they went, He was just the first one. And those numbers were crazy for 97-98 but you follow the 25 years since and see that mike leach did that to every QB he coached, and then they turned out not to be a generational talent.

This has absolutely nothing to do with daniel thomas.

You either didn't watch Tim Couch play or just like to talk out your A$$. Tim Couch was the best of the best.

What??   You must be pretty young….because this is an absurd statement.  Nothing against Mayer, Robinson and Alexander…. But….  Let me  toss a few names out for you….Paul Hornug, Dermontti Dawson, Tim Couch, Phil Simms and Joe Jacoby.  Just to name a few.  There is no comparison.   HS and College comparisons are way to subjective to try and compare and analyze due to offensive style, size of school, classification, etc etc.  but….Robinson and Mayer are not in the conversation…..at least not YET.
[-] The following 1 user Likes OutlawJoseyWales's post:
  • pjdoug
For all those that refuted the importance of competition (strength of schedule) in the prior discussions, there's not much denying it now. One poster even called the competition talk "garbage". Well, the proof is in the pudding.

Thomas first 13 games 320/3446 (10.77 avg.)
Thomas vs. Hart Co 41/236 (5.75 avg.) *BTW, I do recall a few fans discrediting this team's strength. So, how does it look? Can't have it both ways.
Thomas vs. CAL 39/135 (3.46 avg)

As it was stated earlier CAL held the top 4 RBs they faced to 3.95 yards per attempt. You can see Thomas was half a yard lower. 
Hensley was one of those four, 28/131 (4.68 avg.) so there's the comparison for the two RBs.

I stick to my original opinions that it is close between the two RBs and continue to believe Thomas has earned the title Mr. KY Football 2023.

(12-02-2023, 06:52 AM)Glory_Days Wrote: CAL shutout a one-dimensional run team in the 2022 title game. Can they pull it off again? I'd be very shocked if they did but not with a convincing win. 

I hope Daniel Thomas rushes for at least 150 yards but would love to see 200 plus. He was held well under his average last week (5.75). That's still a great average and he played another great game. Will CAL's rush defense outperform what Hart Co did last week? They've only allowed 3.95 per attempt against the top 4 RBs they faced. Expectations should favor Thomas in comparison. If it's similar to the 5.75 last week, then Thomas will need 26-30 carries to hit 150 yards and 34-38 carries to go over 200 yards. That seems to be a reasonable possibility. 318 yards would put him at 4000 for the season! It would take a massive feat to accomplish and probably 40 attempts averaging close to 8 yards.
Daniel Thomas has been named 2023 Kentucky's Mr. Football!!