Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Bowl 2008
NEXT Wrote:I think they should leave them out until they can beat someone worth a ...........

I disagree...
Chuck Taylor Wrote:I disagree...

You disagree with me a lotSmile, but so does my ex................
How is the Pville/Corbin match up lookin? and the Belfry/Holy Cross and the East Ridge/Shelby Valley match-ups looking?
Real Badman Wrote:How is the Pville/Corbin match up lookin? and the Belfry/Holy Cross and the East Ridge/Shelby Valley match-ups looking?

Belfry vs. Holy Cross.... blowout Belfry
Pikeville vs. Corbin..... fairly easy win Corbin
ER/SV..... blowout SV
PCC/Phelps..... blowout PCC
Phelps will do good.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Belfry vs. Holy Cross.... blowout Belfry
ER/SV..... blowout SV

Well there, thats all nice and dandy. But I asked how were the match-ups looking. I just wanted to know what each school has comin back. Things like that.
Real Badman Wrote:Well there, thats all nice and dandy. But I asked how were the match-ups looking. I just wanted to know what each school has comin back. Things like that.

Belfry is LOADED, so it doesn't really matter what Holy Cross has coming back.

Corbin is a tough out for any team and always has strong teams. P'ville will be tough once again, but will be better once the playoffs start than they will be early in the season.

I have no idea what Valley brings back, but they are playing East Ridge and that is always good for your record. East Ridge lost nothing last year, but also returns nothing so it won't make a big diffrence.

Pike Central is returning some solid athletes and will be to much for Phelps to slow down.

*On a side not I had heard that Belfry fans will be driving to Valley for the Pike Co. Bowl, but will be tailgating in the parking lot to prevent the ticket sales from being very good. Any truth to that?
Pike Central will be better than we all thought with McGuire, Meade and EJ Hampton leading the way for a 3rd straight playoff appearance.

The Hawks will be alright.
ER/SV..... blowout SV

No way. People said that when they played at Corbin a couple years ago and Pikeville won 34-0.
Super-Card Wrote:Belfry is LOADED, so it doesn't really matter what Holy Cross has coming back.

Corbin is a tough out for any team and always has strong teams. P'ville will be tough once again, but will be better once the playoffs start than they will be early in the season.

I have no idea what Valley brings back, but they are playing East Ridge and that is always good for your record. East Ridge lost nothing last year, but also returns nothing so it won't make a big diffrence.

Pike Central is returning some solid athletes and will be to much for Phelps to slow down.

*On a side not I had heard that Belfry fans will be driving to Valley for the Pike Co. Bowl, but will be tailgating in the parking lot to prevent the ticket sales from being very good. Any truth to that?

The bolded part is more than likely true but I can guarantee you that Belfry fans are way too classy to take part in an event like that. Come on now, have you known a Pirate fan that can be a mere 100 yards from a Belfry game and not make the effort to see them play.
jetpilot Wrote:No way. People said that when they played at Corbin a couple years ago and Pikeville won 34-0.

I agree but Corbin will be a tad better than they were that year and Pikeville somewhat weaker. It should make for a pretty good matchup.
wooderson Wrote:I agree but Corbin will be a tad better than they were that year and Pikeville somewhat weaker. It should make for a pretty good matchup.

I agree. But Harmon will have a huge game and be the difference.

Nothing like a football prediction at the beginning of June, lol...
wooderson Wrote:I agree but Corbin will be a tad better than they were that year and Pikeville somewhat weaker. It should make for a pretty good matchup.
Corbin lost a star QB and much of their OLine...How do you predict they will be better???
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Corbin lost a star QB and much of their OLine...How do you predict they will be better???

I think he meant a tad better than the year Pikeville thumped them.
Corbin returns perhaps the best backfield in the moutnains with Fritz, Watkins, and Campbell. They also return several key pieces on defense from one of 2A's top 5 teams last season which gave NewCath all they wanted on the road.

Pikeville loses their QB, nearly their entire line, and the large majority of their defense. Pikeville

Having seen both teams play last year: Corbin was much deeper, stronger, and more disciplined. The depth being the key issue. Pikeville does have Harmon, but I'll take all 3 Corbin backs combined.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Corbin lost a star QB and much of their OLine...How do you predict they will be better???

Right..they won't be better..that's also why Pikeville will be playing them
hawkhead Wrote:Right..they won't be better..that's also why Pikeville will be playing them
Yea, that's what they were thinking when they signed them to play 2 years ago.
hawkhead Wrote:Right..they won't be better..that's also why Pikeville will be playing them

A PCC fan talking about how Pikeville is playing Corbin who won't be as good as usual, when they (PCC) are playing the mighty Phelps. WOW. I find it strange that a PCC fan can even run his/her mouth on Pikeville when it comes to football. Oh well.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Pikeville loses their QB, nearly their entire line, and the large majority of their defense. Pikeville

Pikeville lost one of their two starting QB's from last year. That mean that one still remains with half a season of starts under him. Pikeville's D-line returns two starters and their O-line returns three starters. One QB...Yes. Majority of their line...No.
When the teams are picked to play in the PCB nobody knows how the teams are going to be by year two of the contract. The pairings are random and Pikeville and Belfry play each team once. Good luck with Phelps.
Super-Card Wrote:A PCC fan talking about how Pikeville is playing Corbin who won't be as good as usual, when they (PCC) are playing the mighty Phelps. WOW. I find it strange that a PCC fan can even run his/her mouth on Pikeville when it comes to football. Oh well.
Smile good one.
ER/SV..... blowout SV

I just visited pikecountybowl.com and the holy cross team may not be all that bad.
Phelps Has Been Down The Last Couple Of Years.they Relied Way To Much On The Run.but,they Did Throw The Ball Alot A Few Years Ago And Wasn't To Bad.they Are Talking About Bringing In A New Coach And A Quarterback Back So They May Try To Change Things Around.they Should Have Plenty Of Players To Have A Team But,they Will Be Real Young.good Luck To All The Teams.
Super-Card Wrote:On a side not I had heard that Belfry fans will be driving to Valley for the Pike Co. Bowl, but will be tailgating in the parking lot to prevent the ticket sales from being very good. Any truth to that?

Are you saying that the Belfry folks will drive all the way to Robinson Creek, then stay in the parking lot and not even watch the game? That sounds ridiculous, I can't imagine anyone doing that.

Besides, Belfry's fans are way too passionate to let a silly decision (like holding the game at Valley) keep them from seeing their beloved Pirates.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
doj23 Wrote:I just visited pikecountybowl.com and the holy cross team may not be all that bad.

It's not that..it's Belfry will be that good.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:It's not that..it's Belfry will be that good.

I believe Belfry is that good. I just don't think this is going to be a blowout. Belfry most likely will win by two to three touchdowns instead of 6 to 7 Tds.
doj23 Wrote:I believe Belfry is that good. I just don't think this is going to be a blowout. Belfry most likely will win by two to three touchdowns instead of 6 to 7 Tds.
Not taking anything away from HC, but Belfry should win by about 40.
My opinion, the angry red will be ready for action and will mop the floor . I still have no clue why the people overseeing the bowl would even consider changing a thing??? we will soon see :dontthink
doj23 Wrote:I believe Belfry is that good. I just don't think this is going to be a blowout. Belfry most likely will win by two to three touchdowns instead of 6 to 7 Tds.

Belfry blew out every "pretty good team" they played last year, this team should be even better than that team. I'd say 28-35 points is a safe guess as to how many TD's Belfyr will win by
I strongly disagree. The '08 Panthers are alot better across the board than the '05 Panthers were. Corbin has imporved alot since then too. I expect a very tough and close game.