Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Girls 7th Grade State Tournament KBA
Maroon Truth Wrote:Veity truely played thier worst game of the year against a solid lincoln team who forced verity to play ugly with great team D. Verity still had a 3 point lead on the champs With 2 and a half to go in the 4th and fell on thier face from there. Too many turnovers. Against southern they played a great 3 quarters of ball leading by ten going into the 4th. Great play late by southern and some untimely errors and poor free throw shooting caused a overtime loss for our girls. Proud of them and good luck next week to our verity 8th grade girls who should be another tuff out.:Thumbs:

How come Verity plays their worst games of the year eveytime they don't beat the other team by 30 ? Can we just say that the other team just outplayed them when it counted and you will get them next time ? :please:
dei227 Wrote:How come Verity plays their worst games of the year eveytime they don't beat the other team by 30 ? Can we just say that the other team just outplayed them when it counted and you will get them next time ? :please:

I have watched every game Verity has played this year, and Maroon Truth is right....It was their worst game of the season. Actually the other team only beat them because they played their worst game of the year. Can we just quit hating on 12 year old girls dei227 :please: !!!!!

Verity's leading scorer of the season only had 2 points in the first game...Does that constitute her worst game in your eyes???? Because it really was her worst game this season, take my word for it, I was there.

P.S. Verity did win the OVC, remember????? They are the best team in this region. They can and do win games by 30+. You are a bitter parent from a team that lost to Verity this season or do you just like to post on games you didn't see? Give me a break
dei227 Wrote:How come Verity plays their worst games of the year eveytime they don't beat the other team by 30 ? Can we just say that the other team just outplayed them when it counted and you will get them next time ? :please:

why in all of your post do you try to get something stirring. I clearly stated the reason we played our worst of the year was due to lincolns D. They were very aggressive and played the passing lanes amazingly. I dont understand you and your obvious hatered for verity and ashland nor do i care too. I am just stating my opinion and i was actually at the games and personally i think any three of those teams lincoln, verity, or southern could have taken the tourney. I just wish under educated sports fans would comment on something they know a little more about. But im sure u will keep on stirring.
I for have saw Verity play several times this fall and they were truly the best team in this area. I wished they would have won the whole thing but it sounds like that they played the tournament winner as close as anyone.
16BBall Fan Wrote:I for have saw Verity play several times this fall and they were truly the best team in this area. I wished they would have won the whole thing but it sounds like that they played the tournament winner as close as anyone.

thanks for the support, I wish we could have won the whole thing too, and you're right we were actually leading most of the lincoln co. game by a few points with them taking the lead periodcally and us getting it back until the end of the game were it counts. then in the 2nd game leading by 10-12 points for the 1st 3 quarters before we let it slip away, as far as dei227 goes sounds like you feel that we are just making excuses, thats not the case I be the first one to tell you or my daughter when she plays like crap, and hold her accountable when she does excuse won't make her better. regardless how another team plays you as a player has to respond to it, thats the way of life is; 10% what happens to you 90% how you react to it. Besides I watch both games and neither team was as good as E. Carter no disrespect to either team, I seen all teams play we just didn't get the job done that day. On the other hand congrats to lincoln co. for being the 1st 7th grade state champs.
Well said .... :Clap:
From the other side of the state where I have non bias. I am just reading this all for the first time tonight. Verity you do have a lot of posts on the 7th and 8th grade forums by bias parents. And they just don't hit the rest of us the same way as they hit you. Of course you are proud of you girls, but it does read a bit braggy to the rest of us. Another team doesn't make you have a bad game.
You always have and always will have one of the best teams in your region. You are a larger city school with a great tradition. And with the dynamics of the area, that will probably never change. Good luck at state.
Where can I find the complete results for this tournament? Last year KBA had live brackets and a link where you could go to results, but can't seem to find that on the new web site. I really liked the live brackets because I like to keep up with the games especially since I wasn't able to make the trip to both 7th & 8th tournaments this year.