Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fast Lane Classic pairings set
Gold Charger Wrote:Rogers started center last year and he is 6'4. GRC has the height and talent and a very tuff schedule. Trying to prepare for post season.

qryche11 Wrote:That is impressive and could be considered college height. Holmes and GRC will be a great matchup in the SK pre-season scrimmage and I will have to catch that one.

The Holmes/GRC match up should be a great pre season scrimmage to tune both teams up for tough regular season schedules. Holmes opens the season against Bowman Academy out of Gary, IN.

Gold Charger Wrote:Don't know how much Rogers will get to play, depends on how far the football team goes. We will see Daniels take his place. Kindred will play the PG and will do a great job. He is really looking good in practice. Any depth at this position is where the Cards will need to develope through out the season. This is a scrimmage so I look for coach to try different combinations at this spot.

GRC's starting lineup should be:
SG- Robbie Stenzel 6'4
PG- Chase Kindred 5'10
C - Jaylan Daniels 6'6
F - Travis Purvis 6'8
F - Vinny Zollo 6'9

Did Purvis grow since last year? Last I heard he was only in the 6'6 range.

When Holmes and GRC meet at SK, I'd expect to see the following match ups:

6'4 Stenzel v 6'5 R. Johnson
5'10 Kindred v 6'3 Avery
6'6 Daniels v 6'5 J. Johnson
6'8 Purvis v 6'6 Rice
6'9 Zollo v 6'8 Pittman
kywldcat01 Wrote:The Holmes/GRC match up should be a great pre season scrimmage to tune both teams up for tough regular season schedules. Holmes opens the season against Bowman Academy out of Gary, IN.

Did Purvis grow since last year? Last I heard he was only in the 6'6 range.

When Holmes and GRC meet at SK, I'd expect to see the following match ups:

6'4 Stenzel v 6'5 R. Johnson
5'10 Kindred v 6'3 Avery
6'6 Daniels v 6'5 J. Johnson
6'8 Purvis v 6'6 Rice
6'9 Zollo v 6'8 Pittman

Believe me, he is every bit of 6'8. Coach measured Zollo at 6'9 3/4. Look for him to be 6/10 before the season is over.

Height wise, I believe that GRC will match up better against Holmes than any other team in the state. Holmes quickness, worries me. I see some great individual matchups in this game. I know that GRC has 6'4 Rogers and 6'5 Fatkin coming off the bench. What does Holmes have off the bench?
Gold Charger Wrote:Believe me, he is every bit of 6'8. Coach measured Zollo at 6'9 3/4. Look for him to be 6/10 before the season is over.

Height wise, I believe that GRC will match up better against Holmes than any other team in the state. Holmes quickness, worries me. I see some great individual matchups in this game. I know that GRC has 6'4 Rogers and 6'5 Fatkin coming off the bench. What does Holmes have off the bench?

Hopefully after he gets his basketball legs back (from playing football) Rogers will be back in the starting lineup. I think he is the hardest player to stop on GRC's team. When he gets the ball in the post close to the basket, not too many players can keep him from scoring.
goodguy Wrote:Hopefully after he gets his basketball legs back (from playing football) Rogers will be back in the starting lineup. I think he is the hardest player to stop on GRC's team. When he gets the ball in the post close to the basket, not too many players can keep him from scoring.

Cory has a big body and quick feet for a guy his size. No one is going to push him around. I have heard that Daniels will be pushing him for a starting spot. That is a good thing for GRC to have this kind of depth.
[quote=kywldcat01]11:30 Bath Co. vs. Highlands

Highlands will roll over Bath Co. The Birds are very deep and talented this year and will compete with Holmes for the 9th region championship. Kowolonek may be one of the most underrated seniors in the state. He has gotten physically bigger since last year and should be tough for other guards to handle with his strength.

2:30 Scott Co. vs. Louisville Trinity

Should be a good game but SC will have too much for Trinity. Sewell will put on a show but in the end Guyn, Euton, Jackson, and Manning will put the Rocks away. SC is going to be very tough this year regardless of the opponent. They are deep and absolutely loaded.

4:00 Sheldon Clark vs. Elliott Co.

This should be a decent match up but I don't look for either team to be overly impressive. Knipp should have a big game.

5:30 Tates Creek vs. Huntington Prep (WV)

I don't know much about Huntington Prep, but Tates Creek is very talented this year with Barksdale, Fucci, and 6'8 Cousins. The Commodores lost just I believe just one starter (Hagan) from last year's team so I'd expect them to be competitive with anyone in this field. They're a legit threat to SC in the 11th region.

7:00 Perry Co. vs. Clark Co.

Perry Co returns some players from last year but Clark Co should win this one comfortably. I realize they have questions at the PG position but with the experience in their deep junior class, led by Stenzel, Rogers, Zollo, and Purvis, I expect them to utilize their size down low.

Not only will Perry play Clark close, don't be surprised to see a Perry Central win.
I don't Perry Central getting blowout because of the style Hatcher plays.
With the teams that they got in it. There will be some good games, and a few blow outs. Good luck to all the teams.
game 1-Lawrence Co. vs. Belfry= I don't know that much about these two teams is in Basketball. I would say LC.
game 2-Highlands
game 3-Sheldon Clark(Girls)
game 4-Scott Co.
game 5-Elliott Co.
game 6-Huntington Prep (WV)
game 7-Clark Co.
game 8-Shelby Valley
worker1 Wrote:[quote=kywldcat01]11:30 Bath Co. vs. Highlands

Highlands will roll over Bath Co. The Birds are very deep and talented this year and will compete with Holmes for the 9th region championship. Kowolonek may be one of the most underrated seniors in the state. He has gotten physically bigger since last year and should be tough for other guards to handle with his strength.

2:30 Scott Co. vs. Louisville Trinity

Should be a good game but SC will have too much for Trinity. Sewell will put on a show but in the end Guyn, Euton, Jackson, and Manning will put the Rocks away. SC is going to be very tough this year regardless of the opponent. They are deep and absolutely loaded.

4:00 Sheldon Clark vs. Elliott Co.

This should be a decent match up but I don't look for either team to be overly impressive. Knipp should have a big game.

5:30 Tates Creek vs. Huntington Prep (WV)

I don't know much about Huntington Prep, but Tates Creek is very talented this year with Barksdale, Fucci, and 6'8 Cousins. The Commodores lost just I believe just one starter (Hagan) from last year's team so I'd expect them to be competitive with anyone in this field. They're a legit threat to SC in the 11th region.

7:00 Perry Co. vs. Clark Co.

Perry Co returns some players from last year but Clark Co should win this one comfortably. I realize they have questions at the PG position but with the experience in their deep junior class, led by Stenzel, Rogers, Zollo, and Purvis, I expect them to utilize their size down low.

Not only will Perry play Clark close, don't be surprised to see a Perry Central win.

Think they will have trouble with GRC's Height. Think GRC will have trouble with thier guards. Should be closer than most think.
[YOUTUBE="Tipoff Classic"]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fpk9-rBwM6E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fpk9-rBwM6E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
Who is gonig to these games tomorrow? Should be some great ones. Hope someone will post updates of the games.
Gold Charger Wrote:Who is gonig to these games tomorrow? Should be some great ones. Hope someone will post updates of the games.

Just got up and going to take off about 9am! No my way! Will bring back alot of feed back.
goldenrule19 Wrote:Just got up and going to take off about 9am! No my way! Will bring back alot of feed back.

Hey Goldenrule. I watched your Cardinals at the Corbin Arena. I am a big fan of your man Gelawn, but he sure needs to play a lot harder than he did at Corbin. If he plays hard every night he could be the state's best player.
Just got up and im off to it iwill post on some teams tonight
Any updates from this scrimmage? I would like to know how Highlands looked if anyone can report.
Does anyone have the stats on Belfry vs Lawerence?
http://ww2.wkyt.com/global/video/flash/p...d=27858291

^ LINK for a LIVE stream of all the games down in Inez ^
Gibberish Wrote:http://ww2.wkyt.com/global/video/flash/p...d=27858291

thanks was just gettin rdy to ask if any of these games were being broadcasted.
Gibberish Wrote:http://ww2.wkyt.com/global/video/flash/p...d=27858291

Thank you so much!!:theman: