Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Preseason 2A Rankings
I think you are correct on SV winning their district it looks to be weak again this year. By looking at there out of district schedule and how weak it is the new seeding system may bite them come playoff time. Can’t play to get all easy W’s with new system or it will make you pay.
Real Badman Wrote:Shelby Valley will win District 8.

Based on?
Panthers Dominate Wrote:I think you are correct on SV winning their district it looks to be weak again this year. By looking at there out of district schedule and how weak it is the new seeding system may bite them come playoff time. Can’t play to get all easy W’s with new system or it will make you pay.

Why do you pick Shelby Valley to win district?
WestCarterComet Wrote:Why do you pick Shelby Valley to win district?

They don’t know what the Comets have
KYHSFB Wrote:They don’t know what the Comets have

Are you meaning this as west carter is being underestimated or they’re picking. Shelby Valley by default?
What about OB Catholic? They have some Running Backs I remember that were young. Harold Hogg was one of them who’s the other kid?
Time Will Tell Wrote:What about OB Catholic? They have some Running Backs I remember that were young. Harold Hogg was one of them who’s the other kid?
Braden Mundy #15 was a freshman last year
single shot Wrote:I’ll bite who would you put ahead of them? If they’re anywhere close to last year the only team I could see hanging with them from 1-4a would be Cal..

Boyle Co would handle Mayfield just fine. 😎
FoSho Wrote:Boyle Co would handle Mayfield just fine. ��

Kinda like how ole Boyle County handled Corbin last year.:yikes:
Snakesnot Wrote:Kinda like how ole Boyle County handled Corbin last year.:yikes:

Confusednicker:
JMO

Dist. 1 Mayfield
2 OB Catholic
3 Edmonson Co.
4 Somerset
5 Caroll Co.
6 Beechwood
7 Leslie Co.
8 Shelby Valley

Ranking

1 Mayfield
2 Somerset
2 Beechwood
4 LCA
Owensboro Catholic would likely be in my 5-10 range. They have senior QB Drew Hartz who is one of the best in the state, but just doesn't have the weapons that the strong OCath teams of the past have had.
JustThinking Wrote:JMO

Dist. 1 Mayfield
2 OB Catholic
3 Edmonson Co.
4 Somerset
5 Caroll Co.
6 Beechwood
7 Leslie Co.
8 Shelby Valley

Ranking

1 Mayfield
2 Somerset
2 Beechwood
4 LCA

Explanation for your district champion selections in 7 and 8?
Probably because West went 6-5 against a weak schedule last year. The 6 wins had a total of 17 victories between all 6 teams. Just looking on paper Valley returns quite a bit but the district as a whole is weak so I guess anyone could come out of it.
Panthers Dominate Wrote:Probably because West went 6-5 against a weak schedule last year. The 6 wins had a total of 17 victories between all 6 teams. Just looking on paper Valley returns quite a bit but the district as a whole is weak so I guess anyone could come out of it.

Shelby Valley won 10 games last year and those 10 teams combined for 20 wins. So they didn’t play a very strong schedule either. They did win more games obviously but still, a very weak schedule. I agree, Shelby Valley does return a very solid offensive and defensive line only graduating 1/5 of their offensive line I believe. Look at the Comets on paper though, they return quite a bit from a primarily Freshman and Sophomore dominate offense and a Sophomore and Junior dominate Defense. I agree the district is weak. I think the 1 seed going into the playoffs will be decided between West Carter and Shelby Valley but this district is there for the taking for anyone.
WestCarterComet Wrote:Explanation for your district champion selections in 7 and 8?

Leslie Co. is my home school. I know Breathitt Co. is going to have best team for a while but I like Eagles chance on the river bank. Shelby Valley hs a lot back in a week dist.TongueirateSho
JustThinking Wrote:Leslie Co. is my home school. I know Breathitt Co. is going to have best team for a while but I like Eagles chance on the river bank. Shelby Valley hs a lot back in a week dist.TongueirateSho

I wasn’t able to find very much about who Leslie County returns so I wasn’t aware if you would have any insight or not
WestCarterComet Wrote:I wasn’t able to find very much about who Leslie County returns so I wasn’t aware if you would have any insight or not

Only had 7 Sr's last year. Got 27 Jr. and Sr's incoming this year. Had a good Fr. group. Should have a solid team.
JustThinking Wrote:Only had 7 Sr's last year. Got 27 Jr. and Sr's incoming this year. Had a good Fr. group. Should have a solid team.

Comets also only had 7 seniors last year. How old was Leslie County’s QB and RB last season?
Leslie’s QB was a sophomore and RB a senior.
BigBossMan Wrote:Leslie’s QB was a sophomore and RB a senior.

Thank you
JustThinking Wrote:Leslie Co. is my home school. I know Breathitt Co. is going to have best team for a while but I like Eagles chance on the river bank. Shelby Valley hs a lot back in a week dist.TongueirateSho

How do you see Shelby Valley recovering from the graduation of Seth Johnson?
What are the predictions for West Carter this year? What are their strengths and what are their weaknesses?
BigBossMan Wrote:Leslie’s QB was a sophomore and RB a senior.

Leslie lost one running back. Everyone else back. Could be pretty good.:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
UK1 Wrote:What are the predictions for West Carter this year? What are their strengths and what are their weaknesses?

West Carter returns 9 offensive starters and 7 defensive starters from a really young team last year. 6/11 offensive starters for the comets last year were underclassmen.
JustThinking Wrote:Leslie lost one running back. Everyone else back. Could be pretty good.:Cheerlead:Cheerlead

Leslie County should be pretty good throwing the football from a skill position perspective. They graduate their top 2 rushers though.
FoSho Wrote:Boyle Co would handle Mayfield just fine. 😎

Snakesnot Wrote:Kinda like how ole Boyle County handled Corbin last year.:yikes:

:hilarious: Boom!!!

He got you

Call Danville and you might have us

I’ve been ridiculed over some of the things I’ve said over that game and I’m not sure if you can replace Brady Smith and the impact he had, but if Mayfield is anywhere close to being as good as they where last year I’d like to watch that game as a neutral observer...
single shot Wrote:I’ve been ridiculed over some of the things I’ve said over that game and I’m not sure if you can replace Brady Smith and the impact he had, but if Mayfield is anywhere close to being as good as they where last year I’d like to watch that game as a neutral observer...

The point is, you don't really know If Boyle can handle Mayfield.
Snakesnot Wrote:The point is, you don't really know If Boyle can handle Mayfield.

Yes, I’d hate to pick one over the other both could go a long way in the tournament regardless of class, but I like Mayfield as much as I do Boyle, when you see quality programs it’s hard not to like them unless your just caught up which happens...regardless I wish you guys the best of luck I’m pulling for Mayfield in every game they play this year especially since they don’t play the Hounds...