Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Bowl 2008
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I strongly disagree. The '08 Panthers are alot better across the board than the '05 Panthers were. Corbin has imporved alot since then too. I expect a very tough and close game.

I agree I think the game will be very close.
Not disrespecting phelps but they had some big lineman last year and still couldnt move the ball anywhere against ER... dont really see them doing much this year either aginst pcc...Just my opinion
Bigstick08 Wrote:Not disrespecting phelps but they had some big lineman last year and still couldnt move the ball anywhere against ER... dont really see them doing much this year either aginst pcc...Just my opinion

Phelps vs. PCC will be ugly.... Phelps only scored 14 points or more one time the entire year last season, and that was against 1-9 Betsy Layne (Betsy Layne's only victory at that)
TRAIN85 Wrote:Pikeville lost one of their two starting QB's from last year. That mean that one still remains with half a season of starts under him. Pikeville's D-line returns two starters and their O-line returns three starters. One QB...Yes. Majority of their line...No.

It should be noted the drastic difference between the two quarterbacks though. Tim was a pure athlete and the Branham kid doesn't have the versatility that Tim had. The offense of line lost a few key players, but I think the offensive line could be better this year. However, I do think they do decline at the quarterback position in terms of quality. But, the Branham kid should do fairly well.

Pikeville needs to have a good season after fairly early exits from the playoffs for the past few years.
Does anyone know how Valley or East Ridge is looking?