•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updates on Junior league baseball tournaments
I Wouldn't Count Paintsville Out Just Yet...obviously You Have Never Seen The Intensity That These Boys Play With When They Play Belfry. It Should Be A Really Good Game.
But Belfry has nowhere near thrown any of their ACES.... they have AT LEAST 4 great ones you could face tonight.... Belfry is gunning for this game!
Should be a great game. I feel it will come down to who plays the best defense.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Prestonsburg couldn't buy a hit tonight, Paintsville has a very good pitcher that did very well for the Tigers.

Paintsville has a lot of good pitching
And so does Belfry....
Good luck AV22.... should be a great game!
PHS95 Wrote:But Belfry has nowhere near thrown any of their ACES.... they have AT LEAST 4 great ones you could face tonight.... Belfry is gunning for this game!

no disrespect to paintsville but,in my opinion belfry is by far the better team.weather or not they show up is another question. from top to bottom they are solid.
chop1990 Wrote:no disrespect to paintsville but,in my opinion belfry is by far the better team.weather or not they show up is another question. from top to bottom they are solid.
Any Updates, or Results from the game?
Belfry killed Paintsville from what I was told, but I don't have a score.
17-4 was the final score with Belfry coming out on top! The pirates looked GREAT tonight! Good luck at state boys!
I just wanted to say what a fantastic job Prestonsburg did hosting this tournament. I have been to a few of these over the years and this was by far the best I have attended. The facilities were excellent. The announcer did a great job. The whole event was handled with loads of class. I hope it will be there again next year.
The Installer Wrote:I just wanted to say what a fantastic job Prestonsburg did hosting this tournament. I have been to a few of these over the years and this was by far the best I have attended. The facilities were excellent. The announcer did a great job. The whole event was handled with loads of class. I hope it will be there again next year.

:thumpsup: Totally agree!!!!!
Congrats Pirates on a great Win TongueirateSho
Prestonsburg did hold a very nice tournament. I hate to see Barry Rice step down as President. He has done a fantastic job.
Congrats to Belfrey. Paintsville, you have had a wonderful season. Hold your heads up. I did notice that there were several of the Paintsville boys who didn't seem to care to win or lose. Boys, if you are there to play ball, Play Ball! If you don't care if you win or lose, you don't need to be there. Play with all you have or don't play at all.
Congratulations to Belfry on their way to state. There is a lot of talent on that team..... way to go!
kitty_cat Wrote:Congratulations to Belfry on their way to state. There is a lot of talent on that team..... way to go!

Thank you very much!! Those boys work very hard but they have fun with what they do! We appreciate your congrats and hope to make our district proud!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
The game was pretty close up untill the 3rd or 4th inning untill belfry just started roping the paintsville pitcher. But you no he boys had fun this season and thats all that really matters. Ya, everybody loves to win. But the only thing that matters is that the boys tried hard.It dont reall matters what they do now.It only matters what they do when there Juniors, and Seniors in high school.

Congrats to Belfry!
Good Luck At State, represent the district well!
I think it matters what they do now.... it is all about experience and going on to play against better competition. The game did start out close... til the sun went down and the Pirates came alive.

Kudos to both teams on a good tourney!
I heard the State Senior League Championship will be played at the South Laurel the same week as the Junior League. There is going to be a lot of baseball played in London starting Saturday. I can't wait.
adopted purple Wrote:I heard the State Senior League Championship will be played at the South Laurel the same week as the Junior League. There is going to be a lot of baseball played in London starting Saturday. I can't wait.

Here are the tournament dates for the Junior League:

July 19th @ 1:00 District 1 VS District 4
July 19th @ 4:00 District 7 VS District 6

*Winner of Districts 1 and 4 game plays District 3 on July 20th @ 3:30
*Winner of Districts 7 and 6 game plays District 2 on July 20th @ 6:00

The losers of the July 19th games will then in turn play the losers of the 20th games @ 5:30 and 7:30 on the 21st.

Winners of July 20th games will play on July 22nd @ 5:30
AND the winner out of the "losers" bracket will play on July 22nd @ 7:30.

After this there is single games each day on the 23rd, 24th, and the 25th with it being the championship game. The time is 5:30 each evening for the final three games.

**** I have the Senior League bracket to if you would like it posted. Just let me know!

phs1986 Wrote:Here are the tournament dates for the Junior League:

July 19th @ 1:00 District 1 VS District 4
July 19th @ 4:00 District 7 VS District 6

*Winner of Districts 1 and 4 game plays District 3 on July 20th @ 3:30
*Winner of Districts 7 and 6 game plays District 2 on July 20th @ 6:00

The losers of the July 19th games will then in turn play the losers of the 20th games @ 5:30 and 7:30 on the 21st.

Winners of July 20th games will play on July 22nd @ 5:30
AND the winner out of the "losers" bracket will play on July 22nd @ 7:30.

After this there is single games each day on the 23rd, 24th, and the 25th with it being the championship game. The time is 5:30 each evening for the final three games.

**** I have the Senior League bracket to if you would like it posted. Just let me know!
We play North Laurel in the 1:00 P.M. game. I know Belfry made it but I don't have a clue as to who else made it. Do you or anybody else know any of the other teams that will be there?
Lewis County
Richmond (something else but not sure???)
South Oldham
Laurel
Belfry
Warren County

We have Lewis County in the 4 o'clock game. Good luck!!

Here is an article on the team...

http://www.news-expressky.com/articles/2...belfry.txt

phs1986 Wrote:Lewis County
Richmond (something else but not sure???)
South Oldham
Laurel
Belfry
Warren County

We have Lewis County in the 4 o'clock game. Good luck!!

Lewis County is a tough team
AV22 Wrote:Lewis County is a tough team
Does Lewis County have a lot of returning players from last years team?
adopted purple Wrote:Does Lewis County have a lot of returning players from last years team?

Almost Entire team.
Belfry is a tough team too.... I think they will be just fine! Good luck boys!
PHS95 Wrote:Belfry is a tough team too.... I think they will be just fine! Good luck boys!

Didn't say they weren't. They should do fine.
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:The game was pretty close up untill the 3rd or 4th inning untill belfry just started roping the paintsville pitcher. But you no he boys had fun this season and thats all that really matters. Ya, everybody loves to win. But the only thing that matters is that the boys tried hard.It dont reall matters what they do now.It only matters what they do when there Juniors, and Seniors in high school.

Congrats to Belfry!
Good Luck At State, represent the district well!
Very well put.
Whatch out for Warren CO. theres always good teams out of that area. Thats Owensboro So. district.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next