•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updates on Junior league baseball tournaments
Any word on last night's game?
Lewis County beat Oldham Co. last night to advance. Oldham County will play Warren today and Belfry plays Laurel!
OffTheHook Wrote:No problem. I know the feeling though. We got beat by a total of 3 runs down there last year. We knew we had the best team. We just couldn't hit the stinking thing and we only had 3 errors.

I hate to disagree but Lewis was the best team there last year. The first game was 2-1 then after that it was lights out. If i remember correctly we 10 run ruled everybody else. Including the first team that played us 2-1 the second time we played them.

It appears mostly that same group is well on it's way to capuring the SR. League championship as well. But they have to play the game and anything can happen.
Any updates on the Jr. League Tourney? Who's still in?
kybaseball Wrote:I hate to disagree but Lewis was the best team there last year. The first game was 2-1 then after that it was lights out. If i remember correctly we 10 run ruled everybody else. Including the first team that played us 2-1 the second time we played them.

It appears mostly that same group is well on it's way to capuring the SR. League championship as well. But they have to play the game and anything can happen.

Well, we just have to agree to disagree. Wink
OffTheHook Wrote:Well, we just have to agree to disagree. Wink

Fair enough
Smile
Everyone is still in.... after tonight, two teams will be out!
Another rain delay. We just had a storm. No games will be played today.
We play at 2:00 tomorrow....

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Does anyone know anything about the North Laurel team? will Belfry be able to walk all over them?
phs1986 Wrote:We play at 2:00 tomorrow....
Thanks for the call lol, love you to.
If i remember correctly we 10 run ruled everybody else. Including the first team that played us 2-1 the second time we played them.

I meant to say They not We! my bad
As of last word, Belfry leads North Laurel 4-0 in the bottom of the 4th!
Belfry Wins 4-2
Bowling Green/ Warren County beat South Oldham 15-3 in 5 innings. They play Belfry tomorrow at 5:30. Cameron Johnson had 2 home runs including a grand slam. Good luck to both teams tomorrow. I could not attend the game today but my son met phs1986. Hopefully I will be able to meet her myself tomorrow. My son said she was very nice as I already knew.
adopted purple Wrote:Bowling Green/ Warren County beat South Oldham 15-3 in 5 innings. They play Belfry tomorrow at 5:30. Cameron Johnson had 2 home runs including a grand slam. Good luck to both teams tomorrow. I could not attend the game today but my son met phs1986. Hopefully I will be able to meet her myself tomorrow. My son said she was very nice as I already knew.

Yep I sure did and I congratulated him on a nice game!! You missed a good one!! You won't be able to miss me... I'm the one with the REAL big mouth!! HAHAHA....
I'm jokin but I would also like to meet you myself. Congrats again to that son of yours...

phs1986 Wrote:Yep I sure did and I congratulated him on a nice game!! You missed a good one!! You won't be able to miss me... I'm the one with the REAL big mouth!! HAHAHA....
I'm jokin but I would also like to meet you myself. Congrats again to that son of yours...

Has anyone beat Richmond? They flat laid the smackdown on LC .17-7
kybaseball Wrote:Has anyone beat Richmond? They flat laid the smackdown on LC .17-7

Richmond is the only unbeaten team. There are only 4 teams left in the tournament and they are Belfry, Warren Co., Lewis Co. and Richmond.

phs1986 Wrote:Richmond is the only unbeaten team. There are only 4 teams left in the tournament and they are Belfry, Warren Co., Lewis Co. and Richmond.

Who and when do you fine folks play?
5 today against Warren!
Game was called in the top of the 6th inning with Belfry having 1 out and problems started there........and was Dotson up to bat. I may get this deleted and being a staff member I DO know better but I have to get this out!!!!! This has NOTHING to do with Warren Co. either. They were all very nice and did nothing to cause what happened today. Warren was leading 1-0 and both teams were playing it on the field. THE WAY IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYED........ In last nights game, we had a player injure his ankle and was taken to the doctor today and found out it is fractured. SO... we were down to 9 players. The batter who was called out on a WAAAYYYY inside pitch tossed his bat to the batters "warm-up" area. The umpire WATCHED our injured player walk in and "tossed" out our batter because of the bat incident. KNOWING that we only had 9 players to begin with, they pretended to call Williamsport (WHICH they did NOT) as we have just found out and called the police on us. These kids are heartbroken. PERIOD!!!!!!!! FLAT out..... they cheated us. We have several pictures and the umpires were verbally abusive to our fans, kids, and I personally got told by one of the officers who were called to call and report the incident. This is the most POORLY ran tournaments I have ever been to. WE also have a child who had a death in the family and they would not move the time back on the game to allow him to attend the funeral after they were told they would. YET.... There is a team here that has a child with NO birth certificate, NO map to show the kids living areas, and NO combined league form YET they are still allowing them to play. This place has absolutely done me in! The tournament director lied to our coaches and allowed the situtation to get out of hand. I PRAY that if any children play little league this year they do NOT hold the tournament in LONDON, KY. It is not the place for children. I will add more later as I am still a little "HOT" under the collar and don't want to say anything offensive to anyone in particular. Congrats to Bowling Green for showing class!! WE really appreciate it!!!!!

phs1986 Wrote:Game was called in the top of the 6th inning with Belfry having 1 out and problems started there........and was Dotson up to bat. I may get this deleted and being a staff member I DO know better but I have to get this out!!!!! This has NOTHING to do with Warren Co. either. They were all very nice and did nothing to cause what happened today. Warren was leading 1-0 and both teams were playing it on the field. THE WAY IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYED........ In last nights game, we had a player injure his ankle and was taken to the doctor today and found out it is fractured. SO... we were down to 9 players. The batter who was called out on a WAAAYYYY inside pitch tossed his bat to the batters "warm-up" area. The umpire WATCHED our injured player walk in and "tossed" out our batter because of the bat incident. KNOWING that we only had 9 players to begin with, they pretended to call Williamsport (WHICH they did NOT) as we have just found out and called the police on us. These kids are heartbroken. PERIOD!!!!!!!! FLAT out..... they cheated us. We have several pictures and the umpires were verbally abusive to our fans, kids, and I personally got told by one of the officers who were called to call and report the incident. This is the most POORLY ran tournaments I have ever been to. WE also have a child who had a death in the family and they would not move the time back on the game to allow him to attend the funeral after they were told they would. YET.... There is a team here that has a child with NO birth certificate, NO map to show the kids living areas, and NO combined league form YET they are still allowing them to play. This place has absolutely done me in! The tournament director lied to our coaches and allowed the situtation to get out of hand. I PRAY that if any children play little league this year they do NOT hold the tournament in LONDON, KY. It is not the place for children. I will add more later as I am still a little "HOT" under the collar and don't want to say anything offensive to anyone in particular. Congrats to Bowling Green for showing class!! WE really appreciate it!!!!!
I was not at the game but my wife and father in law were and they said the same thing. They said the umpires were a joke and we already talked about how poorly the tournament was ran. These kids practice and play the whole season just to have some retarded umpire end their season on a fluke call. Why not let the kids play and may the best team win. My son is just 13 and if the tournament is held in London next year we will not play. We have played a lot of travel ball over the years and I can honestly say this was by far the worst ran tournament ever. They cancelled 2 days of games because of rain. If they had any kind of field crew they could have played both days. We have had to drive 150 miles one way only to be told when we arrived that the games were cancelled. They don't seem to comprehend that this is a state tournament and people have to travel from all over the state to get there or they just don't care. We won the game but it feels like we didn't earn it. I feel so bad for the Belfry players, coaches and fans. It certainly was a shallow victory to say the least. Belfry had a great team and deserved better.
adopted purple Wrote:I was not at the game but my wife and father in law were and they said the same thing. They said the umpires were a joke and we already talked about how poorly the tournament was ran. These kids practice and play the whole season just to have some retarded umpire end their season on a fluke call. Why not let the kids play and may the best team win. My son is just 13 and if the tournament is held in London next year we will not play. We have played a lot of travel ball over the years and I can honestly say this was by far the worst ran tournament ever. They cancelled 2 days of games because of rain. If they had any kind of field crew they could have played both days. We have had to drive 150 miles one way only to be told when we arrived that the games were cancelled. They don't seem to comprehend that this is a state tournament and people have to travel from all over the state to get there or they just don't care. We won the game but it feels like we didn't earn it. I feel so bad for the Belfry players, coaches and fans. It certainly was a shallow victory to say the least. Belfry had a great team and deserved better.

Thank you very much for the kind words. They are very much appreciated and I do mean what I said about the class of your team. They were great!!

The kids have all decided that "LITTLE LEAGUE" isn't worth it if this is the way they want to run it. Cal Ripken OR travel ball sounds good to me!! I know mine has said that he will NOT play again next year and will do travel ball and high school ball. London can have the tournament and run it however they see fit as that is what they do anyway. I can tell you SEVERAL rules that were broken that would have sent you home in our district. We have to be straight up or we are sent home PERIOD! Our boys worked their butts off only to be done like this..... I hope tonight when the "TOURNAMENT director" (if thats what you wanna call him) AND those 3 other PEOPLE that were on the field have nightmares for weeks to come over doing these kids that way. It was pitful!!! I know all ours wanted to do was to play ball. Our league has spent over $5000.00 on motels due to their "cancellations". London/Laurel has gotten their last dime from us "Belfry folk".......

phs1986 Wrote:Thank you very much for the kind words. They are very much appreciated and I do mean what I said about the class of your team. They were great!!

The kids have all decided that "LITTLE LEAGUE" isn't worth it if this is the way they want to run it. Cal Ripken OR travel ball sounds good to me!! I know mine has said that he will NOT play again next year and will do travel ball and high school ball. London can have the tournament and run it however they see fit as that is what they do anyway. I can tell you SEVERAL rules that were broken that would have sent you home in our district. We have to be straight up or we are sent home PERIOD! Our boys worked their butts off only to be done like this..... I hope tonight when the "TOURNAMENT director" (if thats what you wanna call him) AND those 3 other PEOPLE that were on the field have nightmares for weeks to come over doing these kids that way. It was pitful!!! I know all ours wanted to do was to play ball. Our league has spent over $5000.00 on motels due to their "cancellations". London/Laurel has gotten their last dime from us "Belfry folk".......

I know you are upset. BUT, Little League has nothing to do with it. Little League has been around for so long and has benefited so, so, so many kids. We were there last year and yes I will have to agree with you on the Tourney ppl there. Terrible, and they have no clue. One play last year cost us our shot. To beat all when my pitcher got on the mound he was handed a "Babe Ruth" baseball. I wasn't there this year. BUT, please, please, please, Don't blame Little League for something that some so called ignorant people do. Little league is the greatest organization that there is. If you don't think so, please tell me honestly that you don't sit, glued to the tube when it it aired on ESPN. I look foward to it every year, as well as so many ppl I know. I just hope that before I die. I get too see someone from this area or even better, this District in Wiliamsport.
They ran a horrible tournament last year,and i could not believe they were allowed to host it again this year. they want to play one game a day and they schedule them late so the local people will not be inconvienced. With no reguard for the people who have to stay in hotels.
[quote=OffTheHook]I know you are upset. BUT, Little League has nothing to do with it. Little League has been around for so long and has benefited so, so, so many kids. We were there last year and yes I will have to agree with you on the Tourney ppl there. Terrible, and they have no clue. One play last year cost us our shot. To beat all when my pitcher got on the mound he was handed a "Babe Ruth" baseball. I wasn't there this year. BUT, please, please, please, Don't blame Little League for something that some so called ignorant people do. Little league is the greatest organization that there is. If you don't think so, please tell me honestly that you don't sit, glued to the tube when it is aired on ESPN. I look foward to it every year, as well as so many ppl I know. I just hope that before I die. I get too see someone from this area or even better, this District in Wiliamsport.

This is PHS replying.... (We are still at the motel)...... I have to say that I have enjoyed Little League for well over 11 years. Yes, it has been a great experience BUT I have to say that with all the rules and changes being made to game it is hard to be able to enjoy it now.

Belfry had the team to advance but to have adult's dictate the game and not the kids is what little league is coming to in my opinion. The game is fun but the people running this tournament made it IMPOSSIBLE for us to advance. By NO means am I taking anything away from Bowling Green as they are a good team. I really appreciate the class that they showed. Those kids walked off that field basically like ours did. The way that the game was ended is NOT the way either team wanted it to end. This is a prime example of how manipulation plays a part of the KIDS game!!!
kybaseball Wrote:They ran a horrible tournament last year,and i could not believe they were allowed to host it again this year. they want to play one game a day and they schedule them late so the local people will not be inconvienced. With no reguard for the people who have to stay in hotels.

PHS on Pirates ID....

AMEN!!!! We have spent a boatload of cash on hotel bills and been idle on days that we could have played. We even offered to play a double header if need be. We were flexible but I guess this tournament is run their way or no way. IMO Little League better move this tournament next year or they may not have many kids left to play. I know Belfry boys here right now wouldn't even think of returning if held here. They are talking straight travel ball or Cal Ripken.
Everything going on here in London is a sad thing for the kids. These post are coming from people in several different areas and complaints were made last year as well. Now "we" know why. Its been bad all week, even with our win. NOTHING that has been said is directed towards Warren Co. They had us in the top of the 6th 1--0 in a great game. Who knows what the out come would have been....but it should have been decided by the kids on the field. Warren did nothing wrong!! So sad for kids to be done this way. We have a lot of non Belfry people backing todays ridiculas ending. How are we soposed to teach our kids that these people are their role models and they are soposed to respect them?
:confused:
I know tensions are high and no disrespect intended but i am a little suprised that Belfry only took 10 players.

Can't you finish a game wit 8 players?

The ump in question should have used a little better judgement.Give the player a warning then if he does it again CALL him out not throw him out.

I feel for the Belfry players coaches and fans.I am with you guys travel is better than Jr and Sr because nobody really cares about those age groups. After the 12 yr age group it goes down hill.To me that's when the interest should kick in because it is real baseball.
phs1986 Wrote:Game was called in the top of the 6th inning with Belfry having 1 out and problems started there........and was Dotson up to bat. I may get this deleted and being a staff member I DO know better but I have to get this out!!!!! This has NOTHING to do with Warren Co. either. They were all very nice and did nothing to cause what happened today. Warren was leading 1-0 and both teams were playing it on the field. THE WAY IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYED........ In last nights game, we had a player injure his ankle and was taken to the doctor today and found out it is fractured. SO... we were down to 9 players. The batter who was called out on a WAAAYYYY inside pitch tossed his bat to the batters "warm-up" area. The umpire WATCHED our injured player walk in and "tossed" out our batter because of the bat incident. KNOWING that we only had 9 players to begin with, they pretended to call Williamsport (WHICH they did NOT) as we have just found out and called the police on us. These kids are heartbroken. PERIOD!!!!!!!! FLAT out..... they cheated us. We have several pictures and the umpires were verbally abusive to our fans, kids, and I personally got told by one of the officers who were called to call and report the incident. This is the most POORLY ran tournaments I have ever been to. WE also have a child who had a death in the family and they would not move the time back on the game to allow him to attend the funeral after they were told they would. YET.... There is a team here that has a child with NO birth certificate, NO map to show the kids living areas, and NO combined league form YET they are still allowing them to play. This place has absolutely done me in! The tournament director lied to our coaches and allowed the situtation to get out of hand. I PRAY that if any children play little league this year they do NOT hold the tournament in LONDON, KY. It is not the place for children. I will add more later as I am still a little "HOT" under the collar and don't want to say anything offensive to anyone in particular. Congrats to Bowling Green for showing class!! WE really appreciate it!!!!!

Tossed his bat is right. Towards the fence into the warm up area which did not even deserve a warning (he didn't get a warning by the way) let alone deserve to be thrown out. But they've been after us all week with one thing or another. They were waiting for anything they could call. His team members and coaches have made sure all evening that he knows they dont blame him, that he did nothing wrong so that he's not blaming himself and carrying that around on his shoulders. He did say later that if he had any idea what-so-ever that he was going to be thrown out that "he would have made it a lot cooler than that"
Confusedhh:
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next